cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Absolute shambles of a company

Lyndakcott
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

I reported a fault with my line in December 22. Despite numerous calls and online chats the fault was never satisfactorily resolved. So much so that I cancelled my direct debit before January payment as I kept being promised call backs, and that the line would be repaired but it never was. This was particularly distressing over Christmas time as I live alone in a country area with poor mobile coverage and am in my late 70’s. 
I have since spent hours on the phone to various different Talk Talk departments discussing compensation for lack of line for December, agreement that I wish to terminate my contract and endless promises from the company, that I will be called back to finalise a compensation amount, and that I should not pay anymore fees. 
Since January I have received countless threatening emails and texts from Talk Talk chasing payment and attempting to charge me fines- non of which correlates to any of the conversations I have had over so many hours on the phone with Talk Talk employees. 
This whole situation is causing me immense stress. 
2 weeks ago I wrote a long letter to the complaints department. I received an email response after several days (8th February) to say someone would be in touch with me by the end of the week by SMS to confirm my complaint has been logged and another to confirm when my callback had been arranged for………I have still heard absolutely nothing from them to confirm this,  only several more threatening emails and texts chasing payment for services I have not received and fines I am not liable for. 
I am absolutely at my wit’s end and so frustrated and stressed about the whole situation that I have wasted hours and hours trying to rectify to think each time I’ve finished speaking on the phone with the company, that everything has been resolved and they promise to call me back about compensation due for services not received. 
I really do not know which way to turn now to try and get this all sorted once and for all

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Lyndakcott

The auto compensation team have looked into this, and the fault reported was a noisy line, which doesn't fall under the remit of Auto compensation, there were also a lot of calls continuing to be made after reporting the issue, added to that, we called you on the 19th December at 12.20 to try to help which according to the notes, you refused, as you didnt have time.  I appreciate it was a busy time but we do need your co-operation and would always advise to continue to make payments during a reported fault to avoid any further issues. 

You have cancelled your account, there is still an outstanding balance I am happy to place a credit on the balance to reduce the cost, but the remainder will still need to be paid. 

Regards.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Thank you Gliwmaeden. I have spoken directly to the billing department on several occasions to seemingly no avail after despite thinking each time it was sorted. 
I really hope they will reply to me on here as I am still waiting for a satisfactory response. Thanks again for your help 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 7

I'll move this to the billing section of the forum, @Lyndakcott.

From your thread, I think you now have your service with a different provider?

So the issue is to get the billing department to look into what the status of things in your account is, and get this finally sorted.

Staff will respond during the day, Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Lyndakcott
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 7

Your company do not appear to act and honour on any of their numerous statements and promises they have made to me on my multiple extremely lengthy and laborious telephone conversations and written correspondence I have had with them in the last 2 months. 
Your staff always sound so sincere, caring, considerate and precise when I eventually speak to them and they, without exception,  have entirely appreciated my situation and we have constantly agreed I must not pay any more monthly payments as I am definitely due compensation payments for months I have not received service from you- which as I have said previously has caused me major distress as I live alone in a remote area and am in my late 70’s.

PLEASE CAN YOU SORT THIS OUT ONCE AND FOR ALL

0 Likes

Lyndakcott
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi Debbie

No I agreed several times on different phone calls with your colleagues that I wished to cancel my line after so many weeks with out the line being repaired as I had made alternative arrangements. Each time I was promised that someone would call me back to arrange a compensation payment for the time I had paid for when I didn’t have a working line however I never once received one of these call backs. I then call again to go round in the same ever decreasing non productive circles. The only correspondence I receive from Talk Talk is endless threatening texts, emails and letters re payment and fines. Your company departments just do not seem to liaise together.

As I said previously this whole matter is causing me considerable distress and wasting hours of my time trying to achieve a satisfactory conclusion endlessly trying to correspond with Talk Talk but getting seemingly absolutely no where!

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi Lyndakcott

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Are you still experiencing the same fault at the moment? What is the fault?

0 Likes