cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

I can't register for My Account

ianed007
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 18 of 18

I joined on 6/4/23, I am on a fibre to the property FTTP line and have had no problem with the service working BUT I just can't register for My Account!

I've tried countless times and it all works up to the point that I create a password and the registration process comes back with there has been a technical error.

I just can't get though to anyone that can help, I managed to log a complaint but missed the 2 call backs and now can't get though to get her there!

Please can someone help!

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 18

Was only trying to help you manage your expectations of a prompt solution, @ianed007.

"Community stars" are all volunteers. 

I moved this to the correct area of the forum, as this needed to be addressed by the appropriate member of staff, and it wasn't originally even in the queue for attention. 

I explained that you could not expect a call back, when you asked for one. Support on here is also not in real time as staff have to work through the queue. 

You didn't seem to have grasped any of that. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

Gliwmaeden2, are you really only a fellow customer as your profile states? Your answers to me are very supportive of the TalkTalk agents and so far your advise has been of little relevance to my problem or of any help in sorting it out.

Thank you if you are really just trying to help but do far it has just coming across as irrelevant and backing up that TalkTalk have adequate customer service processes, which they patently don't!

If you're able to add something insightful, that will really help, please do, otherwise let's leave it to TalkTalk's customer services to demonstrate if they can do their job.

The problem is only that their system will not register me for My Account, they need to get someone with knowledge of how that program works to see why it isn't for my customer record!

I should have to spell it out for them but there it is!

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

I'm sure that Arne will get back to you as soon as he can, @ianed007.

It's just currently unfortunate timing. If you don't hear back today, it will be after the Bank Holiday. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Need to re read before posting!

Big=bad

Was=wasn't

0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

I have tried every avenue to try and get help with this simple task. Yet other than two missed calls from a my officially lodged complaint, no one has tried or actual spoken to me.

I have little confidence TalkTalk are able to interact with their customers and sort out even the most simple problem. I can't think how big it would be if my problem was my internet was working! 

The customer service systems are not for for purpose, they don't give effective customer service, in my opinion.

Has anyone found a route to TalkTalk's customer services that works?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

@ianed007, forum support is online only.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

That should read SAME result

Technical Error!

It's it too much to ask for someone to ring and actually talk to their customer, who has a problem not of their making?

TalkTalk but you seem very reluctant to even TALK to me once, it's been a month I've been trying to register for My Account!

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Tried yet again, save result, technical error!

0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

Hi @ianed007 

Can you try and register for My Account now. 

Thank you.

0 Likes

ianed007
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 11 of 18

Thank you, I'll keep waiting!

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

I've been trying for weeks to get some back office support with this technical error occurring with my many attempts to register for My Account. I hope your We is really you, i.e. that you can get someone in back office to sort the problem.

Please advise when they have.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 18

Hi ianed007

We will need to escalate this to the Backoffice team to remove the email address that is showing in your account, once removed you will be able to register successfully.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 18

@ianed007, the Full Fibre accounts sometimes seem to take a long time to set up properly, so the problem may not in fact be at your end. 

I will move this to the billing section for you. Staff will be able to look into this later in the week.

Wait for their reply before posting further and don't waste your own time on it till you hear back.

0 Likes

ianed007
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 16 of 18

Thanks for suggestion but not using Talktalk email, have tried both Gmail and Hotmail email addresses and still get the technical error.

Anyone got anything else to suggest, please?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 18

Don't use a Talktalk associated email address for billing with Talktalk, @ianed007.

Try using eg gmail, hotmail,  yahoo etc.

0 Likes