cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

I was out of contract in 2020 and have adsl broadband but my bill says full fibre

Shybabe69
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

So I’ve been a talk talk customer for years and have had unlimited internet adsl since I first signed up. My contract expired in 2020 and obviously over time my bill has increased but looking at it tonight I see it says I have full fibre broadband but this has never been installed but I must have been paying for it for a couple of years any suggestions 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 5

Hi  Shybabe69

Just to confirm you are on Fibre broadband (your package is called Faster Fibre)  has been since 2018 this is not FULL fibre which requires new equipment installed, I would advise contacting our loyalty team ( 03451720088 ) to reduce your bill as your minimum term ended in 2020.

Sorry for any confusion.

Message 2 of 5

Faster Fibre is what they now sell as Fibre35 and Fibre65. That is VDSL.

These are all Fibre to the Cabinet, so you are definitely not on Full Fibre to the premises.

The price sounds about right for full price plus increases (there was a £2 or something added in 2021, and we have had the April increases two years in a row ever since, the latter of which was huge).

Other than getting them to tidy up and clarify exactly what you are on (may just be confusing terminology) it's a good idea to get yourself onto a good deal. Check what speeds they say your current line is capable of. 

What speeds have you been getting?

Do get onto them by phone  / Chat. All details are in the link I sent you. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Shybabe69
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

it says faster fibre and its 39.81 a month but i dont have fibre

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

@Shybabe69, I've moved your duplicate post out of the way. 

If you were on ADSL your package would have been called Fast Broadband. That is in fact c 11 Mbps download, so basic by today's standards.

Out of contract its base rate is £32 + all the April CPI + 3.7% we have had, plus any expired discounts on boosts.

If you are on the next level up, you'll have Fibre to the Cabinet. 

There is a Fibre to the Premises named similarly:

Screenshot_20231010-060043_Chrome.jpg

You'll notice that both the Fibre65 types have the same price. 

However FTTP couldn't possibly have been installed without you knowing about it as you would have had to let engineers in to the property and you would have lost the use of the landline  - so check again!

The terminology can get confusing, especially when Fast Broadband means slow!

It's reasonable for Talktalk to expect customers to read bills carefully, and in the lockdowns we did have plenty of time to do that. They have sent you a notification to check your bill diligently every single month. You are expected to look into the detail in My Account at least from time to time. It was your responsibility to keep an eye on the details. 

It's worth checking again in case you have misunderstood what it says.

It's not impossible for Talktalk Billing to make a mistake either, but as it is actually quite a cumbersome process for them to set up the account when Full Fibre genuinely is installed, it is unlikely to have happened here.

If all your discounts have long expired, just give Talktalk a ring or use Chat. They open generally from 9am (full details in the link here):

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Staff on the forum cannot set up a new contract for you  - they can check the details in it if you need further explanation. They will have to identify your account so please complete your community forum profile details. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings. Add your Talktalk landline phone number to your Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

Your post is in the queue for attention. 

Staff reply during the day, Monday to Friday. 

I'll move this to the billing section for you. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes