cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Why has the contract date changed on my account and now showing expired.

mrwrighty
Enlightened One
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Back on 22nd November 22 last year shortly after being upgraded to FTTP I took a screenshot of my account contract. Note the date as being the 26/04/23.

22 Nov 2222 Nov 22

Today when I looked at my account (screenshot below) the contract date has changed to 28/11/22 meaning I am technically out of contract, yet the upgrade letter clearly stated that my contract term, telephone number and additional services will not change.

I note that the name of the contract has changed to Fibre65 Data only plus mobile. I've never had an active mobile service with TT and I have my phone number retained on the copper line.

16 Feb 2316 Feb 23

I have not received any emails about being out of contract so presume I am now paying out of contract prices.

I have no idea why or when this changed.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

The reason is because when the voice service is left behind it creates a 2nd account (with the same account number), So My Account is picking up the wrong account. 

0 Likes

mrwrighty
Enlightened One
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Thanks @Arne-TalkTalk. Does result explain why my contract date changed though. Could really do with it showing the correct details online.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi mrwrighty

As far I can see you are still in contract for 2 months and 9 days (as of todays date), my account is somehow picking up a different date I think its because of the landline remaining active, which will need to be reported as an error.  The mobile part is the plan name and doesn't actually mean that you have taken a mobile service. which you haven't

Sorry for any confusion.

0 Likes