cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Booster Fast 266 wont connect

Parisjade
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 27

Hello! 

Have been having problems with my WiFi and signal being bad! Had a new router sent out and was sent a fast 266 booster pack! 

I already have two wifi extenders in the home. 

For the life of me it will not pair up! 

I turn on the booster, wait till it's ready, I then hold WPS button on router for 3 seconds, that flashes orange then I press WPs button on booster. The 2nd light flashes red and the 3rd light flashes white and that all it does until both time out, I'm at loss of what to do.

I have resetted booster and router and that's not done anything. 

Can anybody advise please 🙂

P denwoos
0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 1 of 27

That's strange, so you've reset the router to factory defaults too?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 27

Hi Christ.

Booster arrived, still won't connect. I've tried resetting hub, disconnecting extenders, still just flashes red and white, I'm not sure what is going on 

P denwoos
0 Likes

Message 3 of 27

OK, I've ordered the booster, it should be with you within a couple of days

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 27

That would be great thank you 

P denwoos
0 Likes

Message 5 of 27

OK thanks, I think sending a replacement booster is the obvious next step then, would you like me to send one?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 27

I did yes, it still just kept flashing white and red, just was not interested in pairing.

P denwoos
0 Likes

Message 7 of 27

If you've tried it with the d-link extenders completely disconnected then I can't see how they would stop the booster connecting. Did you reboot the router and try setting the booster up from scratch after disconnecting the extenders?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 27

Hello, that would be fine if you think it would work. 

Someone did mention that it might be because I have 2 talk talk Dlink extenders linked up, would that affect it pairing up? I did take them out and try the fast booster by itself but that still didn't work. 

P denwoos
0 Likes

Message 9 of 27

OK. I can send another one to test with, would you like me to arrange it?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 27

HI Chris, tried it all, it just will not pair up to hub at all, just stays flashing red and white then stops once timed out

P denwoos
0 Likes

Message 11 of 27

Hi Parisjade,

If you're still experiencing problems with the boosted could you take a look at the following help article. if you then need further assistance please let me know 

Setting up and positioning your Wi-Fi Booster - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 27

Hi Chris, all done, sorry, been a very busy last week 

P denwoos
0 Likes

Message 13 of 27

Ok, so that we can look into this further can you please update your community profile to include your TalkTalk home telephone number or account number 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 27

I did that over the weekend but nothing happened. Its a new router that was delivered last week, resetted both hub and booster but nothing

P denwoos
0 Likes

Message 15 of 27

OK thanks. Could you reset it to factory default settings and then try again. Please let us know how you get on - Restore your router to factory settings - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 27

It is yes, a sagecom fast 5364

P denwoos
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 17 of 27

OK thanks, just to confirm, is the router the Sagemcom wifi hub?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 27

Hello, I tried and nothing unfortunately 

P denwoos
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 19 of 27

Hi Parisjade,

Could you try just pressing the WPS button and releasing rather than holding it in. Please let us know if this makes any difference

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 27

Aw, shucks! Lets see what the support team have to say when they are back online from tomorrow.