cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband speed

Daryl
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 48 of 48

hi, can you confirm what broadband speed i should be able to get at my property please.

thanks

0 Likes
47 REPLIES 47

Message 21 of 48

Hi Daryl,

There have been no further speed increase yet, can you bump the thread on Monday and we'll check again

Chris

0 Likes

Message 22 of 48

Morning,

Thank you for the update and we will re-check the connection stats tomorrow morning to give DLM time to monitor and possibly adjust the speed.

Thanks

0 Likes

Daryl
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 23 of 48

Hi. The new router is now connected directly to the test socket. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 24 of 48

Hi Daryl

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Once the new router arrives, please can you connect this router at the test socket for 48hrs without being rebooted so DLM can monitor the connection/adjust the speed.

Thanks

0 Likes

Daryl
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 25 of 48

ok thats fine.  how is on your site and others when i look at current deals and enter postcode/address they are all saying my minimum guarantee download speed is over 30mbps.?

0 Likes

Message 26 of 48

Hi,

The current sync speed is within the predicted speed range for the line, however we could try the alternative router just to see how this compares and to rule this out. If there is no change then this is likely to be the best speeds for your line.

Thanks

Daryl
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 27 of 48

Thats fine, thanks for that.  What speed do you think i should be able to  get then please?

0 Likes

Message 28 of 48

Hi,

Ok, would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes just to rule this out? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the router can be returned.

Thanks

0 Likes

Daryl
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 29 of 48

Hi, i dont have another Router?

0 Likes

Message 30 of 48

Morning,

I've re-checked again but there has been no further increase. Do you have a different router that you could test with please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 31 of 48

Hi Daryl,

There have been no further changes so far, we'll check again on Monday

Chris

0 Likes

Message 32 of 48

Morning,

Thanks for the update.  I've re-checked and I can see that the sync speed has increased slightly since your last post. We'll re-check this again in 24hrs to see if DLM has made any further changes to the speed.

Thanks

0 Likes

Daryl
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 33 of 48

Wiring is now connect to test socket. Pics can be uploaded if you need to see anything.

ill await your findings.

0 Likes

Message 34 of 48
0 Likes

Daryl
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 35 of 48

thanks i'll confirm later once it has been done.

0 Likes

Message 36 of 48

Hi Daryl,

It would be better to connect the router to the test socket but you could initially just try connecting the extension lead to the test socket if it more convenient, and we'll see if there's any improvement

Chris

0 Likes

Daryl
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 37 of 48

the main test socket is in my loft with a connection running to another socket in the lounge where the router/phone is connected, do i need to plug the router into the test sockets or can i just unplug the lead in the loft and plug into the test socket?

0 Likes

Message 38 of 48

Hi,

Yes if possible please can you connect the microfilter, router and phone (if you use a home phone) directly at the test socket behind the faceplate. There may be some wires connected behind the faceplate so we'd recommend gently moving the faceplate so not to disturb any internal wiring connected behind.

Thanks

Daryl
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 39 of 48

so just to confirm, i need to take the lead from the top of the master socket and put it into the one behind the plate, and leave everything connected as it is.

speeds i would say top speed on a test would be 9mbps at the most.

0 Likes

Message 40 of 48

Hello,

Ok thank you. We can then re-check the speeds over the next few days. It can take up to 48hrs for DLM to start making changes to the speed if the connection remains stable. Can I just ask, what are the fastest speeds that you've received with us?

Thanks