cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband speed

Daryl
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 48 of 48

hi, can you confirm what broadband speed i should be able to get at my property please.

thanks

0 Likes
47 REPLIES 47

Message 1 of 48
0 Likes

Daryl
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 2 of 48

will do. thanks

Message 3 of 48

Hi Daryl

Please can you keep the new router and return the old router using the pre paid returns bag.

Thanks

0 Likes

Daryl
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 4 of 48

Hi

Can you confirm if i need to send the new router back or the old one please.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 48

Hi Daryl,

I can see that Gliwmaeden2 has answered your questions, please let us know if you need any further assistance

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 48

You need to do some homework on this, @Daryl.

There is a FTTP Fibre65 as well as a FTTC Fibre65. 

Your current line cannot take the FTTC version. You'd need a new installation for FTTP.

20230807_143339.jpg

The FTTP version is data only. No phone line.

https://new.talktalk.co.uk/broadband/fttp

There are Faster FTTP speeds than that - phone them and check that you can keep your number, to use a telephone using VoIP. 

Yes it involves changes outside and in your property. The usual master socket would become redundant. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Daryl
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 7 of 48

thanks for the info, so is Fibre 65 classed as full fibre and involve Openreach coming out to put whatever on the outside of my property.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 48

That is only an ESTIMATE,  @Daryl.

What you are currently getting is all that your current line can manage on FTTC. 

If you installed Full Fibre, that would mean different speeds on different infrastructure. Not relevant to the potential of your CURRENT line.

Your FTTC line can't be magicked up to the higher speeds.

Actual speeds are only confirmed when the order goes through. Everything else is an estimate. 

0 Likes

Daryl
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 9 of 48

slighty confused now.  if i was to sign up as a new customer, looking at Fibre on the TT site, putting my postcode, house number in, i get told on fibre 65, that i would get a minimum guarantee speed of 55mbps??? so what can i get speed wise please going forward.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 48

No, fibre 65 just removes the 40Mbps cap so if your speed isn't already 40Mbps then you'll see no speed increase. Future Fibre will give you faster speeds if it's available to you - Full Fibre Broadband | FTTP Checker & Provider | TalkTalk

Chris

0 Likes

Daryl
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 11 of 48

ok, so If i upgraded to Fibre 65, would that involve something else being installed with an increase to speed?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 48

Ok thanks. Unfortunately there isn't really much that we can do to improve your speed. As the speed is above the guaranteed minimum we can't raise it to Openreach as a fault

Chris

0 Likes

Daryl
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 13 of 48

phone line is working ok.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 48

@Daryl, have you checked the results in My Connection (via Service Status Dashboard)?

That will show you a graph indicating what you are getting AND the minimum guaranteed for your actual line.

Mine currently looks like this:

20230807_102318.jpg

Any other speed promises are averages based on a broad customer base, not necessarily accurate for your particular line. 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 48

Is your telephone service working OK, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Daryl
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 16 of 48

the router and phone line are connected into the test socket.  how would i beable to get the speed of 35mbps that is suggested on your site, sky, BT etc?

0 Likes

Message 17 of 48

OK thanks. The speeds you are getting are above the guaranteed minimum, do you just have the router connected at the moment?

Chris

0 Likes

Daryl
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 18 of 48

im getting download speeds of about 12.5mbps and upload about 4.7

0 Likes

Message 19 of 48

Thanks Daryl. There have been no further speed increases over the weekend. What sort of throughput speeds do you get?

Chris

0 Likes

Daryl
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 20 of 48

as requested

0 Likes