cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

EERO 6 Router - TalkTalk being a bit "short-sighted"

dbenn80164
Team Player
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Had my broadband updated to Fibre 150 this week and no problems with the installation and all wireless gadgets can use the wifi signal without probelm. And the VOIP works well too.

The problem is the EERO 6 router only has one Ethernet port and that is used by the Digital Voice Adaptor box for the telephone. TalkTalk charge me for TalkTalk TV so know I use that service with a TalkTalk TV box. It isn't wifi and needs to be connected to the router so how do TalkTalk expect me to do this when the only ethernet port is taken up by the Digital Voice Adaptor box?

I have spoken to TalkTalk and they have said they will send me another router with more than one ethernet port but I do feel TalkTalk should have been aware that one port would not be enough from the start by seeing what hardware I have and what services I use.

I don't how long the new router will take to arrive but I would like to watch Sky Sports this weekend. Is there any reason why I can not unplug the phone and plug in the TV box when the footie is on?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi dbenn80164,

I can see that martswain has answered your questions, please let us know if you need any further assistance

Chris

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

The eero ethernet port can be used for your TV without any issue.

I believe some customers have successfully installed a multi-port ethernet switch on the one eero port to enable more devices to be used.