cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Fibre 65

Ayesha7
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

Hello, 

I was hoping someone could help me as I’ve had absolutely no luck for the past week in getting In touch with talktalk. 
I got in touch with them regarding upgrading my package as I was coming to the end of my current contract & I had tried to upgrade it and it wasn’t letting me. (I tried to upgrade to the package I’m already on but for £26 per month) The only service I was offered was fibre 65, the full fibre thing wasn’t even explained to me nor was anything else really. I tried to ask some questions regarding this but didn’t really get anywhere. I wasn’t told I’d need a new box sending out, new password and an engineer. Normally I just renew and that’s that. After looking into full fibre it’s not something I want & also is something I would have to ask the council regarding getting installed as it’s a block of flats & permission is needed as per the tenancy agreement. I’ve been trying now for a week to get this sorted to no avail, I just want to continue on the package I was on before all of this (Fibre 35 for £26 a month) but now I’m worried it’s been over the time frame I have to change packages without getting charged etc. I feel like I’ve been abit mislead & not correctly informed & now I’m stuck & can’t seem to get any help at all. I also cancelled my engineer appointment with enough notice but it’s telling me also that I have to call up as it’s too late. 

please please can someone help me regarding this? I don’t want to have to change WiFi boxes & passwords etc. i don’t want Fibre 65 and full fibre & I just want to stay with fibre 35 but it’s saying I’m in contract currently & have 30 days to make any changes when I try change my package on my account it says I have to call up to do so but I can never ever get through. I’m really worried and stressing out regarding this & I’m scared about potential fees I’m going to end up with because of this. 

any help is greatly appreciated 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay. Can I just confirm, did you mean just delete this topic or did you want to close your Community Account?

Thanks

0 Likes

Ayesha7
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 9

@Debbie-TalkTalk Yes please I’d appreciate it if you could delete it now! Thank you so much!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi Ayesha7

Apologies, I can delete this for you, would you like me to do this?

0 Likes

Ayesha7
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 9

@Debbie-TalkTalkhi Debbie, Ive clicked on them and it doesn’t give me an option to delete. Just mute etc 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi Ayesha7

I'm glad to hear that this has been resolved.

Next to your post there should be 3 little dots, if you click on them then there is an option to delete your post/topic.

0 Likes

Ayesha7
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 9

@Arne-TalkTalk All these issues have now been resolved. I’m not sure how to delete this post. 

Thank you 

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Hi @Ayesha7

Thanks for your post sorry that you are having problems. 

Can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Landline Telephone number or account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

You can't change it online, @Ayesha7, in My Account. 

Use the Chat facility (and keep a copy of the transcript). If you can't see the blue button, disable ad blockers  / enable pop ups / try another browser. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

They should be able to roll you back to your previous service (for now) but if out of contract you will be paying more, so you need to renew that contract instead. 

Eventually, however, we are all being moved onto FTTP so you need to find out how to go about getting permission from the Council as / when. It can't be avoided for ever and the Council must be aware that it is a government agenda to get everyone onto it. 

Staff on the forum cannot do this for you.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes