cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forgotten password of email address AND My Account

nick-stephens
Participant
Private Message
Message 15 of 15

I'm stuck. My mother has forgottern the passwords to both her email address and the My Account. She cannot log into her emails so a reset link will not work.

Help!

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi Ady. I have looked, but I cannot find your message. Would you be  able to re-send it when convenient? Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Thanks for your help. I'll have a look.

Message 3 of 15

Hi nick-stephens 

Select your avatar top right of this page when signed in to Community and then select the envelope icon to read and send Personal Messages (PM's).

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Hi Ady. Thanks. Where can I find it on the forum site?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Hi nick-stephens, I've sent you a personal message to obtain more information. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 6 of 15

OK, just a heads up that Ady's usual online presence is typically 7am to 4pm.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

That's great. Thanks for your help. I'm at work tomorrow, so I should be able to reply to Ady at around 6pm.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

That's great because as a nominated user you could use your 'phone and email as the password recovery options as the way to help mum spring back into action. Hang on for Ady to return in the morning (I hope he's on duty, having said that) and he'll confirm the next steps.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Yes, I think I am a nominated user, she has certainly given permission to sort this issue out. I pay the phone bill, if that helps.

Message 10 of 15

Hi nick-stephens 

OK, that just means she hasn't set up password recovery for her email. If that email is a TalkTalk managed email address then hold-fire here as Ady will be able to guide you/her with his help to getting set up with an alternate email address for password recovery.

Are you a nominated user for her TalkTalk account. Just asking because if you are already authorised by TalkTalk to discuss account matters for mum then that's easier. Otherwise, Ady is likely to ask for her to register with Community simply to comply with Data Protection Regulations. If that's needed then hopefully you'll be able to guide her to follow your lead.

TalkTalk Customer Services will only be able to help the account holder or nominated user and, for security, will never send out passwords but will guide the account holder to setting up MyAccount password recovery.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Unfortunately not. I'm going to have to phone TalkTalk at some point. Would they send a new password in the post?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Hi Gondola. No, that didn't work as it sends a reset link to her email. She hasn't got a mobile phone.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 15

Hi nick-stephens, is your mother sorted now?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

Hi Nick

Mum can go via the Forgotten password journey for MyAccount recovery here: https://www.talktalk.co.uk/my/resetpassword/identify?journey=forgot where there ought to be a mobile number set to receive a text.

And for email accounts the Reset your password now button in the help article  Changing your email password will take her to password reset and recovery. 

If she has set up password recovery options, in advance, that are recognised from the *****hints, then she can send her alternate email address a link or mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

Let us know if either of those don't get her back in action and we'll get some more help lined up.

0 Likes