cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Go Live date 18/11 - still not connected

TW_Surrey
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

I have been a TT customer for over 8 years and have never had an issue. I moved address on the 18th November and took my service with me. I booked the appointment on 4th November and was told Internet was available at my new property.

The OpenReach engineer attended on 18/11 and said the line from the master socket to the exchange outside was disconnected and needed reconnecting. However, he said he was unqualified to complete the work and said someone would be in contact within a couple of days to complete the work. Nobody got in touch. I called that same evening and was told by the helpdesk that a 'case manager' would call me between 10-12 the next day. No such call came.

After over 30 hours of online chat and meaningless phone calls, I am still left without internet. TT help service refuse to listen to my requests about requiring an OpenReach engineer and even have the temerity - after countless, pointless 'line tests' - to say they can find nothing wrong with my connection. 

On 21/11 they eventually agreed to send an OpenReach engineer but said the earliest appointment was 28/11. I said this was not good enough but they insisted this was the earliest appointment.

Lo and behold, when the 28th arrived, the engineer who turned up was NOT from OpenReach (despite me having confirmation that one had been booked) but from TalkTalk who was obviously unable to rectify any issues given the problem is with the outside line. He apologised meekly and scurried off, saying there was nothing he can do.

Why is it so difficult to get TT to arrange an OpenReach engineer to fix the problem that an OpenReach engineer himself said required an OpenReach engineer more qualified than himself to fix?

The whole experience has left me exhausted, despondent and completely without any confidence in TT who until now, I thought were a decent, dependable company.

I do not have the energy to sit through another 3 hours of circular online chat or call centre prompts with fake line testing and pointless diagnostics. 

Can someone advise me the best way forward? My feelings are I now have to seek a cancellation of contract on the basis of TT being unable to offer the service I originally signed up for.

Many thanks in advance,

TW

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi

Just a note for all reading that this issue is resolved via the following thread : 

Re: No internet for 17 days - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

Sorry @TW_Surrey, I'm not sure what has gone wrong here, I can only assume the support team are not seeing this topic in their workflow. It might be worth just creating a new topic, even if you then just provide a message linking back to this topic, as that new topic might then get into the workflow. Unfortunately the support team here only work UK weekdays, so once they leave today they will not be back until Monday morning.

0 Likes

TW_Surrey
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 8

Notwithstanding the fact I am now clearly being deliberately ignored, PLEASE can someone from the support team just make contact with OpenReach and book an appointment for them to repair the line between the house and the cabinet, as per the original visit on 18/11? 

The online chat has today confirmed that no appointment has ever been booked and only a manager can do this.

All I'm asking is for someone to create an OpenReach appointment. If I could do it myself, I would.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

13 days with no internet and counting.

Bumping to the top in the slim hope it doesn't get 'missed' for a second day in a row, whilst other posts after mine are being promptly addressed.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 5 of 8

Oh, not sure why this topic has been missed, occasionally topics on this community do slip through the workflow and so don't get put into the support teams 'queue'. I'll escalate this again for their attention in the hope that will get it back into their workflow.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Nice thought, but apparently not!

Radio silence has been the treatment throughout, so I am hardly surprised.

Counting down until the 30 days are up so I can be released from this purgatory without penalty.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi @TW_Surrey,

The support team here on the community will be back tomorrow and will hopefully be able to chase this up for you.