cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

HP laptop crashes wifi for everyone

MTB_Andy
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hi 

Daughter has just purchased an HP Pavilion laptop running windows 11 home.  It connects to the WiFi, but then, when on Internet it will come up with a bad DNS record and other devices lose connection (eg Phones). Tried all the usual on/off, resets via command line. Works for  abit then crashes.   

We are on the verge of taking the laptop back its so frustrating!

Thanks

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8
0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi Andrew

Have you tried different wireless channels?

When you first connect using wireless does it all show connected ok? (on your laptop)

Please can you try factory resetting the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Just gone to try and plug directly to the router but laptop has no ethernet port!!

Any more suggestions 🙏 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi Andrew

Thanks for your reply.

If you connect wired do you experience the same issue? (on your home connection)

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi Debbie

No other equipment has issues connecting until the hp laptop is connected. Only way is to reset the router (switch off and restart).

However hp laptop connects perfectly via my phone data which is why I think it must be a setting somewhere.

Andrew

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi MTB_Andy

I'm sorry to hear this.

Are all other devices working ok?  (when the laptop is not connected)

It maybe worth taking the laptop back to the shop to see if they can find any issues.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

With the laptop being new, I would suggest you take it back whilst still under warranty, in case there is a hardware issue with it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes