cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Issues with service

gordonogle
Team Player
Private Message
Message 25 of 25

The Week beginning Monday 31st October we had issues with our internet and arrangements were made for an Engineer to call, which he did.  The Engineer found issues outside the property and spent a considerable time changing lines at the junction boxes.  See TalkTalk team e-mail received Nov 4th.

We're very sorry you've had a problem with your broadband service. An engineer has recently done some repair works on your line, and your connection might take a few days to adjust.

We'll keep an eye on your service and if the problem happens again we'll let you know what we're doing to fix it.

On Saturday 12th November we lost the internet again, signs were experienced Friday 11th.  Defect reported Saturday 12th November. See TalkTalk team e-mail received Nov 13th.

We've had a look at your connection and unfortunately found a problem between the exchange and your home, which could be

We'll send an Openreach engineer to fix the issue within the next 2-3 working days. Don't worry, you won't need to be at home for this, and there is no charge. We'll let you know as soon as it's fixed. We're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Tuesday 15th

An Engineer called at 10 am and said he was on his way to the property, I did mention the e-mail above, he said he needed to access the modem.  He arrived 10:30 and left 17:00 and although internet was restored, faults were still on the system and he informed us that he would return tomorrow (Wednesday 16th) .  The engineer informed us that work that had taken place previously was not completed correctly.

Wednesday 16th

The same engineer informed us at 16;00 system has no faults.

Sunday 20th

I ran a service status, to keep check on the faults that had been repaired and low and behold

We suspect an issue with your broadband

We need to run a line test between our network and your home.

During the test, your broadband and phone line will temporarily disconnect.

In order for us to keep you updated, we need your mobile number.

1) phoning: no one understand even my post code.......... and I talk really slowly

2) Chat: 2 hours waiting for an agent and still no response

A very frustrated customer

Gordon

Gordon Ogle
0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 21 of 25

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. One of the line tests is showing an inconclusive line test result. Does your main socket have a test socket please? If it does then would it be possible to connect the microfilter and router at the test socket so we can re-run the test again please? Is it just the wireless connection which is affected? Is this affecting the speed or the stability of the wireless connection?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 22 of 25

Good morning Michelle,

A few occasions I noticed only 3 bar signal, hence the reason for completing the test, again running a connection test this morning it is showing the following.

We suspect an issue with your broadband

We need to run a line test between our network and your home.

During the test, your broadband and phone line will temporarily disconnect.

In order for us to keep you updated, we need your mobile number.

regards

Gordon

Gordon Ogle
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 23 of 25

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which is clear and the connection stats look consistent. Can I just confirm, are you experiencing any issues with the performance of the connection at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 24 of 25

Hi @gordonogle,

So just to confirm, are you still actually experiencing problems with the service, or are you just concerned that the service centre website is saying there is still an issue, but things are working ok ?

The support team here will be back tomorrow and will be able to help further if you are still having issues.

0 Likes