cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Issues with service

gordonogle
Team Player
Private Message
Message 25 of 25

The Week beginning Monday 31st October we had issues with our internet and arrangements were made for an Engineer to call, which he did.  The Engineer found issues outside the property and spent a considerable time changing lines at the junction boxes.  See TalkTalk team e-mail received Nov 4th.

We're very sorry you've had a problem with your broadband service. An engineer has recently done some repair works on your line, and your connection might take a few days to adjust.

We'll keep an eye on your service and if the problem happens again we'll let you know what we're doing to fix it.

On Saturday 12th November we lost the internet again, signs were experienced Friday 11th.  Defect reported Saturday 12th November. See TalkTalk team e-mail received Nov 13th.

We've had a look at your connection and unfortunately found a problem between the exchange and your home, which could be

We'll send an Openreach engineer to fix the issue within the next 2-3 working days. Don't worry, you won't need to be at home for this, and there is no charge. We'll let you know as soon as it's fixed. We're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Tuesday 15th

An Engineer called at 10 am and said he was on his way to the property, I did mention the e-mail above, he said he needed to access the modem.  He arrived 10:30 and left 17:00 and although internet was restored, faults were still on the system and he informed us that he would return tomorrow (Wednesday 16th) .  The engineer informed us that work that had taken place previously was not completed correctly.

Wednesday 16th

The same engineer informed us at 16;00 system has no faults.

Sunday 20th

I ran a service status, to keep check on the faults that had been repaired and low and behold

We suspect an issue with your broadband

We need to run a line test between our network and your home.

During the test, your broadband and phone line will temporarily disconnect.

In order for us to keep you updated, we need your mobile number.

1) phoning: no one understand even my post code.......... and I talk really slowly

2) Chat: 2 hours waiting for an agent and still no response

A very frustrated customer

Gordon

Gordon Ogle
0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 1 of 25

Here's a link to the billing section, please just start a topic - Billing - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 25

What billing section are you referring too please ?

Gordon Ogle
0 Likes

Message 3 of 25

Hi Gordon,

Could you raise this in the billing section and we'll be happy to take a look at this for you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 25

Dear Michelle,

Just received the following e-mail '' This is our way of saying Sorry'' offering £16.80 which is totally unacceptable, what is also very annoying in that

1) I cannot reply to the e-mail

2) No contact details to dispute the amount given in compensation.

My question is the following:

Is this for the 1st time in October where I had to wait in ?????

Is this for the 2nd time again having to wait in for Engineers to attend ????

Or the 3rd time again having to wait in for Engineers ?????

or all three ?????

Would appreciate a response

Gordon

Gordon Ogle
0 Likes

Message 5 of 25

Hi

If full fibre does become available to you,  you can consider a switch in the future.

Fibre Broadband Plans & Deals | Unlimited Broadband | TalkTalk

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 25

Good morning,

The lines have been changed many times since October by the engineers,but these are the old lines, not the fibre broadband line that the engineer mentioned yesterday.

Gordon Ogle
0 Likes

Message 7 of 25

Morning,

Thanks for the update. If the connection needs swapping to a different port or line, then this is usually done by the engineer at the time of the fault investigation.  I've also included our Compensation Policy below.

About your auto compensation credit - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 25

Hi Chris,

The Openreach engineer left at 4pm and he informed me that he found more faults on the line, in addition to faults found early November and end of October.

I am using my data off my mobile phone to write this, as he said it would take some time for the signal to stabilize.

Regarding who I need to be in contact with are:

1) I have paid the monthly fee for a service I have not received and I am looking for some compensation, who do I need to speak too?  

2) The Engineer informed me that near my property there is a fibre connection, and that this would provide us with a better service, who do I need to speak too? 

Gordon Ogle
0 Likes

Message 9 of 25

Hi gordonogle,

Glad to hear that Openreach are investigating, apologies for any inconvenience.

Sorry, who would you like to be put in touch with?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 25

Good day Karl,

Just to inform you, Openreach finally arrived today, so another day wasted having to stay at home.

Arrived here and confirmed line fault, currently investigating the problem.

Could you tell me why when I mention putting me in contact with someone at TALKTALK regarding the service provided, it is totally ignored?????????????

Gordon Ogle
0 Likes

Message 11 of 25

Hi

I've logged this as a non appointed engineer so Openreach should dispatch a line engineer within 24hrs.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

gordonogle
Team Player
Private Message
Message 12 of 25

So, I'm assuming another weekend without internet and having to use my mobile data which is rapidly running out

Gordon Ogle
0 Likes

gordonogle
Team Player
Private Message
Message 13 of 25

Hi Karl,

This is becoming a nightmare......................certainly not acceptable.  I am paying for a service that is certainly not being provided

Gordon Ogle
0 Likes

Message 14 of 25

HI

Line tests are showing a Battery Fault on the line, so I've logged this out to Openreach.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

gordonogle
Team Player
Private Message
Message 15 of 25

Hi Michelle.

Struggling to send this message, everything fine till this morning, now only two bars showing, not good

Gordon Ogle
0 Likes

Message 16 of 25

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

0 Likes

gordonogle
Team Player
Private Message
Message 18 of 25

Please kindly advise which is the test socket

Gordon Ogle
0 Likes

Message 19 of 25

Hi,

Would it be possible to connect the router at the test socket just so we can see what the results show? Is it currently only the wireless connection which is dropping? Do you have any devices connected wired? If so, do they also lose the connection at the same time?

Thanks

0 Likes

gordonogle
Team Player
Private Message
Message 20 of 25

Hi Michelle,

The Engineer on Tuesday 15th though he had solved the problem, but when testing the system he still found a fault, at that point late in the evening he changed the socket with the new filter, he then run a further test and confirmed the fault was still there.

Gordon Ogle
0 Likes