cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

New Pole!

Steamywee
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 22

The pole bordering my home and my neighbour was replaced yesterday August 3rd.

This isn't a complaint but a query regarding the work done.

I initially attempted many many different avenues to contact Openreach about this but the level of response automation was farcical so I am following the prevailing advice gleaned from these abortive attempts, and contacting yourselves in the hope that someone can advise me! 

The job was excellently executed with little damage to the pavement around the pole.
My concern is with the cover of the terminal block at the top of the pole which has not been refitted in a manner which will protect the connections from the elements.
This may be due to the number of incoming lines, I counted 16, causing an excessive bulk which might interfere with the correct fitting of the cover.
I have no idea if it was correctly fitted when attached to the "retired" pole as the number of incoming lines was the same but my attention was never previously drawn to the cover.
Can someone please tell me if this is likely to cause the eventual degradation of the connections which are now no longer protected from the weather.
Here's a pic of the terminal box.

illfitting JB Cover.png
0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 22

There's no pic, try the camera/image icon. Perhaps they haven't finished yet? Either way, not much point asking here I'm afraid. 

0 Likes