cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No phone or internet all day - problem at the Exchange

SilverSurfer1
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

Hi 

No phone or internet and the fault is at the exchange according to TT and Open Reach are going to the Exchange to fix it but when???.  Anybody else having problems with this situation and how long did it take for OR to go out and rectify the problem. Cant get any timescale from TT.

Jean McGregor
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Morning,

Thanks for the PM. I'm sorry to hear this. Please let us know how you get on and if you need us to look into this further for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hi SilverSurfer1

I was just checking for an update from Openreach as you posted 🙂

Openreach have closed the fault as resolved. If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi Debbie

Been at my sons for the last 2 + hours- internet and phone off and on for the first half hour but has been ON for the last 2 hours. Problem solved I hope.

Thanks for your help

Jean McGregor

Message 4 of 12

Hi SilverSurfer1

Thanks for your reply.

There are no updates from Openreach as yet so they may still be working on this at the moment.

I will continue to monitor this.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi Debbie 

Tried the phone from my house to my sons and it worked - was ringing out- so was hopeful but just tried it again and its back to voicemail which means the line is not connected.  Hopefully this means its being worked on. 

Thanks

Jean McGregor

Message 6 of 12

Hi SilverSurfer1

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I can see that this fault is with Openreach and was assigned to a line engineer this morning.

I will check on this again this afternoon for additional updates from Openreach.

Thanks

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 7 of 12

@SilverSurfer1, ok, if the personal details in your community profile are not the details of the actual account holder (for the account that has the fault) then it would be useful if you could add the account holders details into the 'private notes' section on the community profile screen, this will just help the support team here verify the account details.

SilverSurfer1
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 12

Thanks for that - I have updated my profile. The fault is actually at my sons house who is a vulnerable adult with 24/7 carers so I am trying to sort his connection fault via my TalkTalk at home as I'm able to get on his account and check the progress (or lack of it).  

Jean McGregor

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 9 of 12

@easytalk The support team here may also be able to help you by checking the status of your issue, however you would need to start your own topic here on the community to ask for help, as the support team can only help one customer per topic. So if you could create your own topic explaining your issue then hopefully the support team will be able to respond tomorrow.

0 Likes

easytalk
Team Player
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

I am in a similar situation. The phone is working, but no internet all day. Suddenly started this morning. An engineer came round and also stated, work is being done and the problem is in the exchange. He said he would report it and I should hear back from TT. Nothing...I rang TT and go through the whole testing the line stuff yet again and was then given a number and told to ring the openreach engineers to find out what is going on. I did, but the options are so confusing, I have up. Looked on their portal and also couldn't make any sense as it seems to be designed for service providers to make the contact. Here I am now, not having a clue what's going on and what will happen. I don't know what to do next. I think it might have to be a complaint as the engineer said that I should have been informed that there was work going on. I don't think I will achieve any resolution to the issue otherwise....

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi @SilverSurfer1,

The standard quoted time from Openreach for residential faults is 2 - 3 working days, the support team here on the community may be able to get you a progress update when they return tomorrow.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include :

• Your name
  • Landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on (this is shown in ‘My Account’)
  • An alternative contact number

This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

0 Likes