cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

PPTP VPN needs enabling on router

Nilnilnil
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

My router won’t let me use my works VPN my IT department says I need PPTP enabling on ,y router

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi Nilnilnil

Have you received the replacement router?

Thanks

Message 2 of 11

Hi

Firmware is showing on the correct version for VPN, so I feel this is a router issue, I've another on the way to you so this can be ruled out.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 3 of 11

I left my router on but the light was off and disconnected. I have rebooted the router and it is back online 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi

i'm having difficulty connecting to the router, can you power this off when you can so we can see if we can connect.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Yes my router is powered on but I am not home

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi Nilnilnil

Is your router still powered up?

0 Likes

Nilnilnil
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 7 of 11

Thank you that is the model of router that I have. Would a talk talk support team member be able to alter my firmware on my router so I can use my VPN again

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Hi Nilnilnil

Thank you for updating your Community Profile.

I will need to make a change to your router firmware, when would be the best time to do this?

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the FW. This should take no longer than 15 minutes to update.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Hi Nilnilnil

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hi @Nilnilnil,

If you have the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub (which has a single LED, and a bronze colour behind the holes on the front) then this issue may be caused by the version of firmware that it is running, the support team here may be able to change the firmware version to resolve the problem.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include :

• Your name
  • Landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on (this is shown in ‘My Account’) OR your account number if you have Full Fibre with no landline
  • An alternative contact number

This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.