cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Recording on 4k box

triciatullibody
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

Hi
I am fairly new to TalkTalk. I have a 4k box. I bought a 1TB USB it wouldn't format in the 4k box so I formatted it on my laptop. I then tried recording a few minutes tv to check that it worked. It recorded fine. 
Today I wanted to schedule some recordings. I went to the Recordings menu & got a message saying "Storage verification in progress, Your USB storage being verified. This may take a few minutes. After that you will be able to record & schedule recordings for upcoming programmes. Please wait ..." & that screen remains for an hour or more.
I was talking to an Agent on Live Chat for over an hour before being told that they no longer deal with recording problems. They ran some tests though & said that the 4k box was ok.
So my questions are
1) Why I can't I record on my 4k box now when it recorded once before & how can I fix this?
2) My original question to the Agent. Can I buy a set top box from a shop to record Freeview programmes or will that not work when I have a 4k TalkTalk box? 
Thank you in advance for any help

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi

You may need to format the usb stick again, but a lot of the larger capacity sticks do have issues, I would always suggest  a max size of 512, as this gives plenty of space for recording.

You can purchase your own freeview recorder from a shop and use this.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes