cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router Failing

emilyslaughter49
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Can I request a new router? Ive had no wifi for two weeks and agents keep saying that its a problem within the home cos that's what the line test says yet both engineers they have sent out have said that its the router because the equipment they bring shows that there is nothing wrong with the set up and internet is coming through perfectly to their equipment at normal speeds without dropping out. This is beyond ridiculous at this point 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Emily

I've sent you a private message for some info.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

ok

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi

My Tests are showing a High resistance on the line, and a batter contact fault to the line, so there is a fault detected within the line.

This info needs to be passed to the engineer to see if they can look at switching to another line or checking there is no fault in the drop cable, the line coming into your house.

We can put this in the notes to the engineer when we book this in.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Well, Ive already had two of them round as well a talktalk engineer who have all said that its not the line so i dont know because I cant afford to take another day off of work seeing as Ive already had two off and on top of that have spent money on data for the last 21 days and all talktalk can offer me is the possibility of compensation because the money i spent on data usually goes on my bill and i cant pay that now 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi

I can see the connection has been dropping quite a lot since last night and there is currently no connection at present.

The next option is to log this out for an Openreach engineer, make it clear that a new router has been provided and we can still see issues with the line.

Would you like to arrange this now ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi, it arrived last night but have had no luck

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi

I've ordered a router for you.  Try with this as soon as it arrives and let me know if there is any improvement.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Hi

I have done this, it took a while to reply because they promised it would be sorted by Monday 13/05/2024 but unsurprisingly i still have no wifi 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi emilyslaughter49,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes