cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router Login

Woodnome
Team Player
Private Message
Message 50 of 50

Trying to change the settings in my dad's router and when we enter the username and password off the card from the router is keeps coming back "incorrect credentials".

Have reset the router to default factory settings, tried again and get the same result.

Any suggestions ?

0 Likes
49 REPLIES 49

Message 41 of 50

Hi Woodnome

Ahh ok, I was just checking because the Sagemcom hub has wifi optimisation and we can switch this off so you can choose your own wireless channels.

The Huawei hub doesn't have WIFI optimisation enabled. Would you like me to test the line just to make sure everything looks ok?

0 Likes

Message 42 of 50

Hi Debbie

Device version is:  DG8041w-2.T5

0 Likes

Message 43 of 50
0 Likes

Message 44 of 50

Hi Debbie

Should be ok - just need to find the time to go down and try a different channel on his router.  His connection keeps dropping and all of this has only started since he has received his new router.

Any additional advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.  He won't get in touch with TT himself as he feels he's a technophobe 🤣

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 45 of 50

Hi Woodnome

How are you getting on, do you still need help with this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 46 of 50

Another pantomime moment, "it's behind it (you)" pull out the card and all is revealed.

InkedScreenshot 2022-03-27 064439_LI.jpg

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 47 of 50

The card itself has the Wi-Fi network name and password. The router username will be 'admin' and the password will be on the sticker that is on the back of the router, hidden under the card.

Message 48 of 50

Skynet_TX

Thanks for that I'll get him to check as when he looked online it said the details on the card ?

Once checked I can do some tweeking 

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 49 of 50

Hi @Woodnome,

Are you sure you are typing in the router password, not the Wi-Fi password.

If you have a router with the plastic card on the back, the router user name and password is on a sticker on the back of the router, that is hidden under that plastic card.