cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router not working, customer service refusing to send replacement

Kcs77
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

My internet has been spotty for a few days and when I got up this morning it was not working at all. At 8am I started running every troubleshooting test I could find online, to no avail. At 9:12am I started a chat with customer support and was taken through every single test again, among many others, still to no avail. The agent repeatedly said they were testing my line and would not explain what that meant. At 10:15 I borrowed my neighbour's router and the internet started working immediately. I communicated this to the agent and was told to unplug the new router and plug my old one back in so they could keep running tests. I asked why I couldn't be sent a new router as it was obvious that my router was faulty if a different one worked. They kept saying they just needed to run more tests. It has now been ANOTHER HOUR and they continue to run tests and refuse to explain what the tests are looking for. I am losing my mind, I have missed 3 hours of work and the agent will not concede that the router is faulty or agree to issue a replacement. Please can someone help me?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

Usually the router arrives within 24 - 48hrs.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Hi,

Thank you very much, that's great. Do you know roughly how long this will take to arrive?

Kira 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi

If you swapped the router over and it works, that pretty much points to a router issue.

i've ordered another and it's on the way to you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes