cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router resetting itself

BJones1
First Timer
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

My router keeps resetting itself.

This message is appearing in the user log:

1981-01-01 00:00:10 [Alert][Alarm-Log] AlarmID:104514,AlarmLevel:Alert,The system in the active area is damaged and has rolled back to the standby area
1981-01-01 00:00:10 [Error][Alarm-Log] AlarmID:104001,AlarmLevel:Error,Device reset. Cause: System reset unexpectedly, Terminal:OTHER

An engineer has been round and couldn't diagnose any faults with the line, but observed the behaviour described above. Could this be an issue with the router / firmware? I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do next (the engineer was too).

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi

Thanks for confirming.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

BJones1
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 10

Thanks for the responses. Finally got through to someone who was able to help. Problem seems to have been rectified. No idea what the issue was, but it seems to be sorted.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi BJones1

Do you still need help with this?

Thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 10

Hi BJones1

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 10

It is listed as software version at:-

Dashboard > See Internet Settings > Manage advanced settings > System Info > Device Information

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

BJones1
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 10

Where do I find the firmware version? 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 10

s it running firmware V1.06 then?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

BJones1
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Hi Keith, thanks for responding. I don't see anything relating specifically to kernel panic, just the log entries I posted appearing multiple times. If I Google the error code, all of the results mention kernel panic though.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Is there anything about Kernal panic in the logs?

Keith

0 Likes