cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router slow and bottlenecking

ZeeKz
Team Player
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hi there, 

We have a very old router, a HG633. Over the past 6 months it has slowed down considerably. Rebooted, reset to factory, changed cables, nothing has helped. 

Gaming has become worse over the last 6 months, ping has risen by over 15 on every single game (although maybe that's a routing issue). Even with just two devices (two laptops watching YouTube), the router is unable to manage bandwidth between them anymore. This never used to happen. Sometimes it will just cut out, even over ethernet for 30s or so. Some websites don't even load anymore and I have to use my 4G just to load those websites. 

Is there anyway to get a replacement? And how much would this cost?

Thank you

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi ZeeKz

That's great news, I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

ZeeKz
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

Hi Debbie, yes it arrived and I have set it up. The internet is much better and all websites load properly now. I replaced all the cables and the filter too, seems to have fixed the problem! Appreciate your help

Message 3 of 8

Hi ZeeKz

Have you received the replacement router?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi ZeeKz

No problem 🙂

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 5 of 8

Hi Debbie. Thanks that would be great, I would appreciate that

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi ZeeKz

I can order a replacement router and a returns bag for your current router, there will be no charge for this.

Would you like me to arrange this?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?