cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Wi-Fi Speed

In the past I haven't had any issues with my internet, occasionally lags with speed. But more so than usual as in the last 2 weeks and especially the last 2-3 days it has gotten really slow to the point simple pages struggle to load. I checked the ro...

Last nights network upgrade

Last night beginning at 1am, there was a supposed upgrade in process, once my broadband came back on line, I tried watching video on Rumble and Bitchute, the video will no longer play fluidly, it stutters and stalls constantly. It is not the equipmen...

Speed 👍🏼 ping 👍🏼 latency 👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻

the last couple of days I’ve been getting terrible lag in games. I tried my pc over Ethernet and Xbox over WiFi plus run multiple speed tests. WiFi and Ethernet yielded the same results between 9-15 ping latency 80 down and over 500 up. This is fine ...

Windy82 by First Timer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Intermittently high ping, 200-500ms of latency

Been having this issue of a much higher latency than usual for this broadband connection. Before, it would usually max out at around 30-40ms of latency at worst, but recently (beginning around 6 months ago) it goes as high as 500ms and can stay that ...

Turn off wifi optimization

I recently have gotten a new router from you guys however wifi optimization seems to be on so i keep getting put on busy channels leading to high packet loss. Id appreciate if it was turned off please

zephyrX1 by Team Player
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

Latency

I have the WiFi hub and the only device that uses it is my Xbox, it's is connected by ethernet cable and is right next to the Xbox but my latency is always 50 and goes up to over 100, I need less than 30 latency how do I fix this.

Random Ping Spikes even with wired ethernet

Hi, i keep getting high latency when gaming. I've ran a pingtest and it goes from 17ms stable and spikes to 100ms+ randomly. I was wondering if i can get some help on this thanks.

0wenb by Popular Poster
  • 13 replies
  • 0 like

Router slow and bottlenecking

Hi there, We have a very old router, a HG633. Over the past 6 months it has slowed down considerably. Rebooted, reset to factory, changed cables, nothing has helped. Gaming has become worse over the last 6 months, ping has risen by over 15 on every s...

ZeeKz by Team Player
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

Constant disconnects after free upgrade

Hello Team,We were given an upgrade over the last few days and an engineer attended my house to fit a new socket and new router. Since this has happened, my download speeds has gone from stable 9Mbps to now unstable 80kb.... and periods of no interne...

liam007x by Popular Poster
  • 19 replies
  • 0 like

Broadband issues

For the last week, although I'm seeing 4-5 Mbps download speeds, Latency and Jitter are extremely high. That TalkTalk "test your connection" service hangs and broadband is so poor I cannot complete basic internet banking tasks. I've re-booted TalkTal...

SClarke by Conversation Starter
  • 10 replies
  • 0 like

poor connection due to roblox

I have frequent problems with my connection speed.I am a fair way from my nearest exchage on copper wires due to rural location.It seems that a period of slow connectivity really messes my connection up.Have been talking to support about 8 times and ...

Sicog by Participant
  • 36 replies
  • 0 like

Poor gaming connection for months. Online support is a joke

When it comes to gaming my Internet connection is terrible. Mainly during peak times and improves about 1am when most people like to be asleep. The tech support on the online chat is a waste of time. No matter how many times you tell them you've trie...

Dom1709 by Team Player
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like

Resolved! TV Box has no Aerial Out

Just received an "upgraded" TV Box. It's the N7950. The first thing I notice is that it doesn't have a UHF out socket. My existing Huawei YouView box has a UHF out socket, so I can use my TV as a regular TV.Anyone know how I can use my TV as a TV, pl...

kdmcm by Whizz Kid
  • 15 replies
  • 0 like

Massive ping spikes constantly and other issues ...

Internet was working perfectly most of the morning, now I am getting constant ping spikes making any online gaming or streaming impossible. I've ran connection and speed test, both of which show good readings - I have disconnected my router for 10 mi...

Help Needed - Dropping connection almost daily

Hi there, Really need some proper help here as I have been let down by live chat 4 times now. First two times I called, I was told they were doing checks on my line and would be back in touch soon, I heard nothing back. 3rd time I was told FW was upd...

FAST5464 Modem Only or Bridge Mode?

Hi, I did a search through old posts and couldn't find anyone with a 5464 router - hence this post! I'm a new customer with TalkTalk Business and have been given this hub: TalkTalk Business Wi-Fi Hub 2Hardware Version: FAST5464 2.00Software Version: ...

No service for 11 days

Honestly what ever made me think talk talk was a good idea to join I must of been mad. I’ve had no service for a week now. I was promised a engineer on Friday who didn’t turn up. Now I’m being told I have to wait another 4 days! I have no internet or...

Internet Disconnected

Good Evening. I was supposed to be moving home next week so I started the process of moving my internet to my new home address. However, due to unseen circumstances our home purchase has been delayed. So I request the live chat to cancel my order of ...

Slow connection after 6pm and weekends

Hi I have the 150 fibre and it works most of the day. however, on weekends and after 6pm, it starts to go quite badly, having speeds of 60mbps and a latency of around 200ms Is there a known fix for this? I think the network is overloaded at that time...

javidr by Chatterbox
  • 2 replies
  • 0 like

WiFi hub

Anybody elses WiFi hub absolutely rubbish? Anything hard wired is absolutely fine. Any WiFi devices are shocking (I know WiFi can't be compared to wired etc..) it's either so slow I have to use 5g on my phone which defeats the object or I have to wai...

dvdandrws by Popular Poster
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Disconnections daily

Hi, after one and a half month of no disconnects I've started having issues again. Last time it was due to some phone line fault which you guys have fixed. As of 17th May, my Internet disconnected once and I was put on interleaved, ever since its bee...

Terrible Lag when gaming

Recently when I have been gaming I keep getting terrible lag, I've seen it go over 800MS at one point making it near impossible to play. Generally the service is fine but over the last week and a half 2 weeks it has gotton really bad. Now I will say ...

mitch_79 by Popular Poster
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Feel like I’m banging my head against a wall!

Hello, For some background I have lived in my property for 4 years which has had a stable connection until a few weeks ago with various providers. I used to be a computer and load balancing engineer and have a fair amount of knowledge. I have been su...

Help with logs and broadband stability

Hi, I've recently tried to get onto fastpath from interleaved by turning router off for full 30 minutes and hoping broadband is stable, after doing so my broadband was stable for 12 days until I dropped internet, in that case the router was flashing ...