cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

WiFi hub

dvdandrws
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

Anybody elses WiFi hub absolutely rubbish?

Anything hard wired is absolutely fine. Any WiFi devices are shocking (I know WiFi can't be compared to wired etc..) it's either so slow I have to use 5g on my phone which defeats the object or I have to wait till it wants to show me pages or buffers videos etc...

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi @dvdandrws,

Wi-Fi performance can be affected by many things in your local environment, so if you are experiencing interference on your signal from other devices (e.g. neighbours routers) then that can seriously affect the performance of your Wi-Fi.

Which brand of Wi-Fi Hub do you have, the Huawei or the Sagemcom ?

You can try changing the channels that your router broadcasts the Wi-Fi signal on, you can use free smartphone Apps like this to see what channels are being used within range of your smartphone, you can then change your router to use channels that are less congested.

I'm not sure what router you have, but be aware that the Sagemcom router has a feature called 'Wi-Fi Optimisation', this means it can change the Wi-Fi channel itself, overriding what you have set it to, it can randomly do this after minutes, hours or days !. So if you do find a channel that works well, but then things go bad again, check to see if the router has changed channel to something different to what you set it to. If you do experience this problem then just post back here to ask the Support Team to disable the 'Wi-Fi Optimisation' on your router, once that is done it will stay on whatever channel you set it to. This only affects the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub, if you have the Huawei Wi-Fi Hub it will stay on whatever channel you set it to.