cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router software not offering configuration restore after reset

mrmos
Team Player
Private Message
Message 17 of 17

My router at home was inadvertently reset to default while I was traveling.  Not a problem I thought, when I return I will simply restore the backup configuration (which includes siginificant customization of the networks, MAC filter lists etc).

Only to find that the software no longer offers Backup and Restore in the Maintenance Tab.

The hardware model is FAST5364 3.00 and I believe the sofware version defaulted to SG4K100174, as seen in the first attachment below.

The second attachment is the Maintenance Tab (it used to have a Bakup & Restore option).

So, I hope it is just a case of kindly arranging remote updating of the firmware/software.  It is rather urgent as we're limited in what we can do within the network and it would be a pain entering all the settings and configurations all over.

Thank you.

Clipboard01.jpegClipboard02.jpeg
MS
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 17

Hi @roylamonby 

See the response from TalkTalk from @Debbie-TalkTalk in post #7 where sheclearly states:-

"Our Devices Team have confirmed that this feature has been removed and will no longer be available."

It can't be plainer than that. Whatever, your feelings on the matter, it isn't going to change.

Now if you have any other issues then create your own thread as I have already asked you to do before.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

roylamonby
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 17

i agree no config backup is bad very bad

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 17

Hi @roylamonby 

If you want help, you cannot use someone else's thread.

To get help, you must start your own thread. To create your own thread, go to the main page for the board in question & click the "Start a topic" button.

TalkTalk insists on one thread per problem per customer. Please note, TalkTalk makes the rules, not me.

Thanks.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

roylamonby
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 17

hi,

my router has just been factory default by talk support with out telling me,

very very bad customer support ( after 2 hours )- my 5g had been stopping / not showing on all my devices ,reboot got working for a few days.i was told,i had too may devices but they said my account was for 19, which i did not have 19. ??? then they defaulted my router

with out telling me.

and yes  re above i went to restore all my settings from maintenace  ??? where is it.

and found no restore config or save config.

and i have had a hard time getting my network working 2 cameras all had new ips allocated against them .

in my config i had them reserved the  ips for my cameras, a right pain getting the cameras to connect to my static ip adreess, again.

all so,

try to save the camera icon on a device -- it does not let you. reported to talktalk and still the camera icon will not save !!?.

another problem they have "switched  on"  guest log on with out letting us know, very very bad customer support.

looking around for another supply now.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Hi Keith,

We meant the same thing. 

MS
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 17

Hi @mrmos 

What do you mean by a firmware reset? The only way that the SSID will be returned to default is if you perform a factory reset in the GUI, or do a pin reset on the back of it. 

Keith

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Hi Keith,

The point I was making is that I wouldn't even bother changing my SSID since I have no means to back up the configuration, and everything can be lost in a jiffy, with a firmware reset.

Regards.

MS
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 17

Hi @mrmos 

Are you being factious in your last reply, or do you want help with changing your SSID?

Keith

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

Hi mrmos

I will pass on your feedback to our Devices Team.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 10 of 17

Thank you Debbie, 

It still makes no sense. 

If the Devices Team values customer feedback, please advise them they could go ahead and remove all the very expansive customization options in the software as well and leave us with a dumb interface with everything locked to default values. 

Why anyone would bother to get educated and use all those fancy options to keep their home network in trim beats me, when everything can be lost with one firmware reset. Even simple things like changing the SSID. 

MS
0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

Hi

Our Devices Team have confirmed that this feature has been removed and will no longer be available.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 17

Hi @mrmos 

This was removed, but I have no idea why.

Keith

Message 13 of 17

Hello,

This has been fedback. Unfortunately it's not possible to roll the firmware back.

Thanks

0 Likes

mrmos
Team Player
Private Message
Message 14 of 17

Was this feature removed then?  It was certainly in the version of the software before the reset.   I have been dilligently backing up the configuration files.

This is a bummer.  Can I roll back to my previous software version so I can at least restore my configurations?

MS
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 17

Hi

This is not currently available in the latest firmware, and our devices teams are aware.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 17

Hi @mrmos 

I have reported this to TalkTalk & hope that it will be reinstated in the next firmware release.

Keith

0 Likes