cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Shambolic service!

cellob
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

I’ve been with TalkTalk since 2011/12. Previously on fastfibre35 deal and with more devices I had noticed buffering etc. and thought I was due an upgrade. I was miss sold fibre150 on 25/08/23. Bearing mind I was never able to get optic fibre in this area. During this call I found out I was out of contract since June 2020, surprised as no effort was made to address this. No effort made to rectify it but had this lodged and apparently a credit would be made to my account at next billing cycle. £16 overpayment for three years.

I briefly considered leaving but the fear of not having service made me agree to the above contract due for installation on 5/09/23. Guess what? Open reach changed master socket, plugged in new hard ware, changed wiring to the property and whilst at the junction box realises I have the wrong order for the area and job to be completed later. Wifi still worked until after midnight. 6/09/23: spent over 4 hours with talk, contract was downgraded to fibre65 which apparently would work with the same hardware and was due to go live immediately. This was around 1/2pm at 3:00pm it was not working. called that evening and told actually it would go live on 7/09/23 - misinformed to secure a contract.

7/09/23: No internet and was only able to call in the afternoon and went through ‘order management’ 🤯 then technical 🫣 eventually Cancelled my service, well I attempted to. My gosh! The agents don’t give a damn. I only held on to ensure I have an email confirmation that I am cancelling within the 14 day period. (Technical had suggested to wait 14 days for the service to ‘settle’ at which point I’m stuck in a contract).

7/09/23: still no internet & was expecting a call regarding my complaint. 
8/09/23: Waste of time and no effort to resolve, apologise or take accountability. No ability to deal with the overpayment whilst out of service. so ticked off!

Need to get a new service, they’ve messed up the line, updating all devices and no connectivity whilst awaiting new broadband (paying for mifi device) so ticked off and my vacuum won’t work as no frigging wifi! Any tips? Ofcom next and their complaints has not resolved anything and I need my time compensated any suggestions to actually be heard or slap a huge fine on TalkTalk?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi .

Really sorry for the problems you had with us. 

I can confirm that the account was cancelled on the 15th. 

Apologies again.

0 Likes