cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Slow upload spee3

JA593
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

Until the last few days my up,old speed has been around 18 Meg but is now only just over 5meg. Is there a system problem? 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Jim

Please can you factory reset the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds and then try this again?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

JA593
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 2 of 10

Debbie, thanks will try, but if password is wrong will still not be able to do it. Will also check my password log to see if I have one listed.

Your service greatly appreciated. 

Jim

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi JA593

I'm not too sure how many digits it is actually.

Have you had a look at this help page Change your router admin password

0 Likes

JA593
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 4 of 10

Debbie, yes initially  ade that error but made 3 attempts using router password. How many digits are normal?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi JA593

Thanks for your reply.

Just to confirm, are you using the router admin password and not the wireless password? There should be 2 different stickers on the back of the router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

JA593
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 6 of 10

Thanks Debbie, ran new speed check this morning before getting your email and now getting  17.1 -17..9 via WiFi.. 

Trying log on to router from my tablet as previously suggested following instructions which came up and using info from back of router ì kept  being told I had entered wrong details.  Instructions show 9 digits to the router password but router only has 8. I presumed name and password would be  case sensitive so used caps throughout.  Any suggestions?

Message 7 of 10

Hi JA593

I've checked the connection stats and your upload sync speed is 18.3mb.

Please can you power down the router for 30 minutes and then run another speed test?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

JA593
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Using speed checker I get download of 74.4mbps (very happy)and upload of 5.25mbps. Previous logs show 17.95mbps. I only have wireless connection and currently no hard wire.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi @JA593,

If you log into your router to check your sync speed what sort of upload speed does that show ?

Are you uploading from a device connected wired or wireless ?

Are your download speeds still normal ?

The TalkTalk Support Team on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes