cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Transferred from OVO. Need Help

Segalla92
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

After googling how to get in touch with OVO about my broadband after being transferred from SSE to OVO, i discovered that TALKTALK has since taken over from OVO.

Could anyone advise me on how to log in and view my account (if i even have one) or how to create an account as someone who is apparently already an existing customer.

Very confused by all the changing of hands and i have no idea whats going on with my broadband.

Thanks.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

HI Segalla92

Sorry that you are having problems.

Just to clarify although we have taken over OVO customers they will still manage their own customers via the telephone on 0345 071 9886 but whatsapp is not available just yet. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Message 2 of 5

Your experience isn't what the SSE / OVO website promises but don't cancel your Direct Debit in a knee-jerk reaction as your credit record may be affected and as a result other ISP's might not take you on.  Let's see what information TalkTalk Support have for new TalkTalk customers arriving from SSE / OVO.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, Home 'phone number

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the customer email address and SSE account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

I have attempted to reach out to SSE multiple times via email and on whatsapp as suggested....and received no response.

I feel i will eventually have to cancel my direct debit and switch to a new provider as my broadband speed has dropped dramatically since the change to talktalk yet I'm still paying the same price.

If it's still SSE's duty to manage my service their customer service seems to have taken a turn for the worse since the recent changes.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

My understanding is that TalkTalk have taken on the SSE / OVO Energy team looking after your broadband and phone service. As the OVO Energy website advises "Please get in touch with SSE Phone & Broadband (part of the OVO family), just like normal – nothing’s changing for our customers right now. If you need us, we’re always happy to help. You can reach us on WhatsApp, or call our friendly team on 0345 071 9886."

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes