cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN connection not working

IanFinch
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

I've been trying to connect to my works VPN and the following error keeps appearing: A connection to the remote computer could not be established, so the port used for this connection was closed. This has worked fine in the past, but within the last week this issue keeps appearing. The VPN I'm using is built in Windows 11 and my router version is SG4K100136.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ian

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi @Karl-TalkTalk 

It worked like a charm and I was able to connect to my works VPN this morning.

Thank you very much for your help.

Thanks,

Ian

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi Ian,

firmware updated, please try the VPN and let me know.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

IanFinch
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Skynet_TX 

Thanks for getting back to me.

I appreciate the update and will await further correspondence .

Thanks,

Ian 

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi @IanFinch,

That firmware is new, so it is likely this issue has been caused by your router upgrading to that version, SG4K100136 has been causing VPN issues for some customers. The support team here should be able to fix this for you when they are back tomorrow, they will either need to update some router settings, or change your firmware to a slightly different version.

0 Likes