cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

When can I expect an update on my fault?

springsteen1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 30 of 30

There is a fault with my broadband. On 10 February you said that an openreach engineer will be sent out to fix it in 2-3 days.   The I got a message the same day to say you are having 'system challenges'. There has been no update in 12 days. This is not good enough TalkTalk as I am paying for a service that is not working properly. When can I expect a fix?

29 REPLIES 29

springsteen1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 21 of 30

Day 21. Still no actual action. There must be a hell of a lot of work for Openreach in my little village if that, after 21 days, they still cannot fix a fault. What the heck am I paying for? How do I escalate my complaint so that someone will take it seriously? The current state  of play is unacceptable. 

Message 22 of 30

Hi springsteen1,

I'm really sorry for the delay. In the latest update from Openreach (yesterday 7pm) they apologies for the delay and say that there is a very high workload in the area. They say that an engineer is due to go out today but this is subject to change.

Chris

0 Likes

springsteen1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 23 of 30

Day 19 and still I've heard nothing. Despite having received automated messages on 10 February that openreach will assign an engineer (and then it appears the fault was deleted) and further reporting the fault - still nothing after a further six days - I still have a major problem with my broadband speed. There is a fault but nobody wants to own the situation. After 18 days from making the original report to 6 days reporting it a second time there as nothing but silence from TalkTalk about resolving the problem.

Message 24 of 30

OK thanks. I can see that this has been logged out again to Openreach as a non-appointed task. Openreach will investigate over the next 72 hours and may contact you directly if they need to access your home. I'm sorry this is taking so long to resolve but hopefully you won't have to wait much longer

Chris

0 Likes

springsteen1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 25 of 30

I can't tell you about the telephone as I got rid of it a couple of years ago and just use mobile phones. Although I've kept the number there's no way of checking the telephone service. I think like most people, I just rely on my mobile contract.  

0 Likes

Message 26 of 30

Hi springsteen1,

I'm sorry about this. Could I just ask, is your telephone service also affected, do you have a dial tone? Is there any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

springsteen1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 27 of 30

Hi Debbie,

Broadband went down on the 9 February after running slow for a couple of days. It came back on 10 February still slow and intermittent cutting out. I ran the connection checker and it found a fault between the exchange and my home.

I received an email on 10 February at 12:10 to tell me 'an engineer is on their way soon'.  I received the same message by text.

At 16:09 on 10 February I received another text telling me that there were 'some system challenges preventing this progressing'. Since then just silence. 

I've just run the connection checker again and the same problem is still present.  Again it says 'We are assigning an engineer to your case' and an email and text have just been received telling me 'our engineer is on their way soon'.   

So there has been no progress in 13 days with the engineer presumably on their way soon.....

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 28 of 30

Hi springsteen1

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've checked and I can't see any open faults with Openreach.

What fault are you experiencing, is the connection dropping?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 29 of 30

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow. You may get faster support from the live chat or calling customer services on 0345 172 0088 during opening hours.

0 Likes