cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Wifi optimisation driving us mad - automatic channel switching issue

Riccardo2
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hi, I've tried to get help through the chat but they didn't seem able to help.

I can see others here have had the same problem.

Please can I get wifi optimisation switched off - it changes channels all the time and we have a lot of competing wifi signals. I have tried factory reboot and to set the channels manually but they still automatically change and our signal drops out.

Driving us mad.

Please help!

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Riccardo2

How has the connection been over the last few days?

Thanks

Message 2 of 8

Morning,

Please let us know how the connection compares over the next few days 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Thanks Debbie,

I have fingers xxed!

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi Riccardo2

I'm sorry for the delay.

The WIFI optimisation has been switched off, please let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 5 of 8

Yep, don't think the chat / phone teams really know the details about Wi-Fi Optimisation. When it is switched on the router can change channels itself regardless of the settings you choose in the router (i.e. regardless of if you pick channels manually, or have it set to auto). Once the support team here switch it off next week the router should then respect the settings you choose. But a factory reset of the router, or a firmware update at some point in the future, will likely turn the setting back on again.

Message 6 of 8

Thanks, I'll gladly wait so long as it can be resolved!

Factory reset was the advice via Talk Talk chat... But to be honest they didn't seem clear what I was talking about! They suggested that setting it manually in settings should then remain static, and suggested the reset as it didn't seem to be working correctly by subsequently continuing to switch channels, which hasn't been my experience before.

So perhaps some training required!

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi @Riccardo2,

The support team here on the community will be able to disable Wi-Fi Optimisation for you, but they will probably not be back until Monday now. Factory resetting the router will turn Wi-Fi Optimisation back on again as the default factory setting is 'on'.