cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

firmware file for Sagemcom FAST5364

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Hi, I bought a cheap used for parts router (Sagemcom FAST5364) that doesn't boot properly (original owner stated that TalkTalk gave him a replacement and was told to dispose of the original because of some cosmetic damage)

Looked online for a bit for ways to get it in a recovery mode, and now the router hosts a webpage asking for an updated software image file.

I cannot find any official up-to-date images and when I try old images that I've found online, the webpage states "Image upload failed. The selected file contains an illegal image."

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 5

Hi Rinner

Apologies, the firmware would only update once you connect it to your line (TalkTalk)

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

Routers are updated automatically when a customer, @Anonymous, and sometimes staff can help with firmware but not if you are not a customer. 

Probably a waste of 99p!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

I'm not a talktalk customer and it's fine, I only paid £0.99 and I didn't expect to be able to 100% fix it

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Sounds extremely dodgy, @Anonymous.

The person who sold it on should have returned it to Talktalk or recycled it responsibly. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Returning-your-TalkTalk-equipment/ta-p/2348381

For staff to identify your account and help you, please complete your community forum profile details. 

If you are not a Talktalk customer, they won't be able to rescue you!

As a Talktalk customer you would always be given a router when you first joined and these are replaced as and when, if necessary. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard, to complete your details. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes