cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

router disconnecting after 5 mins

Steph10
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

Hi  I writing this on behalf of my father who has talktalk account but unable to use currently as router keeps going off so this is from my own account.  

He has a router which even after reboot goes off after approx 5 mins. the router has been in same place for 3 years as far as I can tell nil issues with wires, or service status. We have completed usual checks.

please can you advise.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi Steph10

Ahh I'm so glad to hear this 🙂 I'm happy to hear that the issue has been resolved 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Have a lovely day.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hi 

yes sorry I tried to find thread and couldn’t. 

router arrived next day and dad says it’s up and running and no issues that he has reported to me so thank you so much for your much needed quick response and to the other chap too 😀 

I’m impressed with this forum and how helpful community is better than telephone service 😄

Message 3 of 12

Hi Steph10

How are you getting on, have you received the router?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi Steph10

Thanks for your reply.

I've ordered the replacement router to your dads address, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes

Steph10
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 12

Hi yes that would be great thank you please send to my fathers address which is my private notes I presume that is line you tested the number also in the same box. 

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 12

Hi Steph10

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line tests are clear but I can see that the line is not in sync.

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 12

As I said the support team here won't be back online until Monday. The best that you can do in the meantime is reach out to customer services directly, you will need your father's details to get past security.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

0 Likes

Steph10
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 12

Hi he says it’s gone off altogether now and won’t reboot its affecting tv viewing as some are dependent on Wi-Fi please can you advise. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 12

I can't see it, it is only available to yourself and TalkTalk for security reasons.

It is here, the Private notes section is towards the bottom:

0 Likes

Steph10
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 12

Hi thankyou for prompt reply I have done what is asked however not sure its in right place so if you cant see it you will have to give me step by step instruction as to where private notes are. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

If you can put your father's name, address and telephone number in the Private notes section of your community profile then the support team will be happy to have a look. Bear in mind that they won't be back online until Monday.

0 Likes