cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Cannot log in to email via iphone apps

XH998
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

I am having problems logging into my talktalk mail account via the mail app on my iphone. I have tried logging in manually using incoming and outgoing talktalk mail details but have been unsuccessful. I am able to log in via webmail as normal. I believe I am having a similar issue mentioned in the following post, so possibly the solution is to restore my account to full service? (https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Email/Problem-with-accessing-emails-on-iPhone/td-p/2952046)

Appreciate any help or guidance on this.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Thanks for confirming the correct settings. I've added your mailbox to the list of those to be restored to full service. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi Ady, I'm not too sure what the secure settings you are referring to are; so far I have just updated to the latest IOS.

I understand that there are the some settings as below, but when I try to add talktalk mail to the mail app, it only presents options to input host name, email, and password for incoming and outgoing mail servers:

IMAP account

Incoming mail server:

Host Name mail.talktalk.net

Use SSL - green selected

Server Port 993

Outgoing mail:

Host Name smtp.talktalk.net

Use SSL - green selected

Server Port 587

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi xh998, once you've confirmed that you've changed the settings to the secure settings I'll be able to get your mailbox restored to full service.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

@XH998, for Talktalk staff to recognise your account please add your Talktalk landline number / account number to your Personal Information in the profile area. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings. SAVE CHANGES. 

I'll re-escalate this thread for you, as it may have been overlooked, and I don't think it got into the queue for attention. 

Staff reply during the day, Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.