cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Problem with accessing emails on iPhone

Trinny5
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Since 17/02/23 (early evening) I've been unable to receive emails to my iPhone 8 plus and my iPad. I get the error message 'password not recognised'.  I can still send emails on my devices, but not receive.

I can access email via the TalkTalk webmail app.

I corrcted my settings on the 16/02/23 ahead of the warning for the 17/02/23. 

The previous post was resolved through a 'fault ticket'. Thank you for your help

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Trinny5, I've added your mailbox to those waiting to be restored to full service.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 6

You are a star!

Now I can enjoy my weekend😁

Message 3 of 6

That's nicely secure.

A request is in for TalkTalk Support to restore full access and their response will be right here and access will come back next week. The i-devices will not authenticate a connection until access is restored but as you've already set them up with the correct settings they'll automatically reconnect. 

Until next week, use webmail to stay in touch.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Trinny5
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi Gondola,

Thank you for your speedy response. Details as follows (all asper information provided by talktalk):

iPhone using iOS 16.3.1

iPad using iPadOS 16.3.1

Settings:

IMAP account

Incoming mail server:

Host Name mail.talktalk.net

Use SSL - green selected

Server Port 993

Outgoing mail:

Host Name smtp.talktalk.net

Use SSL - green selected

Server Port 587

Many thanks

Trinny5

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Good to know that webmail is working. Webmail is secure by design using an up to date Internet browser.

The continued use of insecure settings in email software / email apps has resulted in your mailbox being restricted to webmail only access. If you are now using secure settings and devices then those devices will not authenticate the password or connection (password not recognised) until TalkTalk restore full access.

Please confirm the operating systems on the iPhone and iPad so we can check compatibility for secure mail. And tell us if you use any other methods/devices/software to access your mailbox.

Take screenshots of incoming and outgoing server settings, image edit to obscure the first part of the email address, upload here using the picture icon above this reply area. I'll check for you.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes