cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email not working on Pc or phone

elliottvictor
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 17 of 17

Since getting an email from Talktalk on 27/1/2023 about updated email settings.  I've changed the settings to ones inTalktalk's instruction and Windows 11 mail, Thunderbird, Outlook 2019 and also the various email cllients on my Samsung phone will not recieve emais.  Can anyone hel please?

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Excellent. Perfect news to start the weekend. Enjoy.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

elliottvictor
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 17

Thanks Ady and Gondola.  Email being good on Android phone and Windows 11 mail amd Outlook.

elliottvictor
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 17

Thans to Andy and Gondola are in order.  Email being recieved on Andriod phone and windows 11 in outlook and windows mail.....

Message 4 of 17

I've just heard that the mailboxes will be restored to normal function today. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 17

Sorry for the delay. I'm still awaiting confirmation that the mailboxes have been done. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 6 of 17

Looks like there's a hiatus / delay in getting access restored just due to staff availability to make the changes to each mailbox.

elliottvictor
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 17

Still Mail for windows 11 not working not checked other devices or mail apps.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

When the IMAP access is restored, usually by the end of the working day, the Windows Mail will now work.

Heads up that I offered to check settings for Thunderbird and Outlook. We haven't checked that you have the right settings for Thunderbird or Outlook. So if either of those connect with insecure settings your mailbox may be reverted to webmail only.

Message 9 of 17

I've requested that your mailbox be restored to normal service.

Ady

elliottvictor
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 17

elliottvictor_0-1675248479822.png

As set now.

elliottvictor
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 11 of 17

Still not working.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Hi elliottvictor, please follow the advice provided by Gondola and let us know how you get on.

Ady

Message 13 of 17

Your Windows Mail is not connecting securely because the tick box Require SSL for outgoing mail is not ticked. All four boxes must be ticked. So there's the first reason why your mailbox has been restricted to webmail only.

Do you wish to try next with Thunderbird's Server Settings and Outgoing Server (SMTP) settings screenshots?

Or Outlook's General, Outgoing Server and Advanced tab screenshots?

elliottvictor
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 14 of 17

elliottvictor_0-1675104314271.png

0 Likes

elliottvictor
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 15 of 17

elliottvictor_1-1675103760451.png

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 17

Your mailbox is limited to webmail only because there was still a connection being made using insecure settings.

All of your named email clients are capable of secure mail.

Going to take some time to check to them all.

Start with uploading a screenshot of the Windows Mail sync options. Remember to obscure the first part of your email address before uploading here using the camera icon above this Reply area.

0 Likes