cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

MISSING E-MAILS

LindaK2
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Hi, over the past week I have had masses of spam e-mails  but specific items that I have been expecting have not arrived - for example confirmation of my regular Waitrose shopping order and confirmation of a cinema booking. I suspect there is more too. 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

You're welcome.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Okay, thanks. 

Message 3 of 10

I've checked the registered address for blocked incoming mail over the last 7 days and there's nothing. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 10

Thanks, I appreciate that. Yes, it's the same e-mail address.

Message 5 of 10

There is no reason for BBC emails to be blocked.

When TalkTalk Support are back I'll ask them to check your email address for any mail that has been blocked in the last week and specifically for bbc and waitrose.

Is the email address the same one as you use to sign in to this Community? If not please put the email address in your Community profile Personal information, Private notes and save changes.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

LindaK2
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 10

Well that's rather depressing but it seems a bit of a coincidence that on the one hand I'm suddenly getting a load of spam and on the other that some of my regular e-mails are not coming through. In one case I'm trying to get a link to my password from the BBC so that I can amend a direct debit but I've now asked three times and nothing has come through. At first I assumed their admin staff just weren't back to work after Christmas but now I'm wondering if this is another one that has been blocked somewhere.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Any mailbox that has an address known to spammers is going to be getting a lot more spam simply because it's apparent that spammers are using addresses, primarily the tiscali.co.uk domain many of which were linked to onliner spambot malware that surfaced in 2017 to capture user addresses, passwords and other personal data.

TalkTalk are trying to control the amount of spam with conventional techniques.  These would not affect Waitrose shopping orders nor Cinema bookings assuming the cinema in question has their own authenticated domain for emails.

Sorry to see you had to set up a new Community Username. TalkTalk Support can revert you to the LindaK Username when they're back from Tuesday onwards. I have found that when my email address login doesn't work and the Continue button stays greyed out it's because the auto-fill address isn't accepted but perfectly OK when entered or completed manually.

0 Likes

LindaK2
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

No, the spam hasn't filled my mailbox but I'm getting more than usual, and I'm most concerned that some of my regular e-mails are not coming in. Also, I'm not a 'newbie' and have been part of this forum for years, but today my normal user name wasn't recognised so putting in a new one was the only way I could get in. My normal use name is LindaK.   

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Has the spam filled your mailbox?

Select and mark the spam emails by selecting from the toolbar Mark as spam. This will notify the spam protection system and then move the spam to the Spam folder.

To delete mail messages from the Spam folder select the Spam folder then the triple dots icon to the right and then from the menu Delete all messages.

Delete unwanted mail messages from any folder, except Trash, and that will move them to the Trash folder.

To delete mail messages permanently from the Trash folder select the Trash folder then the triple dots icon to the right and then from the menu Empty trash.

0 Likes