cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Is there a hotmail issue?

Chris_P1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

Two (independent) friends are getting rejection messages when they try to email my TalkTalk email account; either as a reply or as a straight msg.  Both are on hotmail and have been emailing me for years.  Is there something going on between hotmail and TalkTalk addresses?

Can I fix it or do they need to contact hotmail.

I have noticed similar messages with other providers.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

I've made the email and incidents team aware of the issue with us blocking hotmail and Outlook. Hopefully, they'll put a quick fix in. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Yes Chris there is an issue with hotmail.com and outlook.com both microsoft email services.

Messages from hotmail.com and outlook.com inbound to TalkTalk are being bounced with a TT992 rejection. That's the TalkTalk spam protection process in action.  What I have discovered is that SORBS SPAM is listing at least one (but probably more) of the sending IP addresses that hotmail and outlook.com use to send mail messages to TalkTalk.  TalkTalk employs CloudMark to protect its network and customers from spam and CloudMark in turn gathers sender intelligence from TalkTalk users marking as spam any suspect messages, as well as spam detection by agencies like SORBS SPAM. 

Bottom line is that SORBS SPAM will automatically remove IP addresses from spam listings when no more spam is detected by spam traps. And will accept requests for de-listing by Microsoft email admins when those admins are able to confirm they've done all they can to stop spam sending at source. i.e When Microsoft have identified the spamming accounts and removed access for the spammers. This process is called improving the sender reputation. So basically when Microsoft improve the sender reputation we'll be back to normal and there'll be no reason to block any mail from hotmail.com or outlook.com email addresses.

The issue has been reported to TalkTalk and I'd be sure that the Microsoft email admins have picked up on the TT992 email rejections.

We may hear more tomorrow.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution