cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

No access to recovery email address

LostEmail
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

Hi

I am trying to reset a password and notice that the recovery email address used is one I no longer have access to. How can I change the recovery email address (as I cant log on!) or add a mobile number for SMS? Remember I cant log on, so need some help from ADMIN. Thanks! 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi LostEmail, please add the affected email, alternate email and mobile number to private notes in your community profile so that we can update the Password Recovery Tool for you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Hi LostEmail 

I'll let TalkTalk know that the password recovery options aren't available. A TalkTalk Support member will need to verify you as the registered email user and set up your password recovery alternate email address and mobile number (the Reset details) so you can send a password reset link or code to authenticate a password change.

However, heads up that the timescale for full resolution depends on availability of the Support team. There are fewer staff on duty prior to 2 January 2024. Also depends on a potentially unresolved issue of some customers not being able to change email passwords. That particular issue was under investigation prior to Christmas and may still be unresolved as the fault report is still on display in Service Status.  An incident was being worked on that you can view on the  My Connection dashboard - scroll down to the service status reports page for email. 

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address needing recovery

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

A TalkTalk Support member will reply to this thread and then Community Private Message you to confirm your customer account details and or details related to the original registration of the email address. Also requested will be the alternate email address and mobile number for password recovery Reset details.

When verified the Reset details will be set up during a normal working week within 24 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox. Check via the  TalkTalk Mail sign in that you can access the mailbox.

Let us know if you need more guidance.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution