cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

No longer able to send mail from Outlook 2016 on Windows 10 PC

MrJubbly
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

Hi,

I am currently running Outlook 2016 on my Windows 10 PC. The last email sent was at the end of January this year but noticed yesterday that I am now unable to send emails from either my own account, or my wife's (on the same PC). When trying to send, I get:

Task '<myaccount> - Sending' reported error (0x80042109) : 'Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) email server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

I've no issue sending emails from my other devices (Android phone and tablet) so checked on your website to see what the issue could be. I found several articles/posts about the changes that had been rolled out so went ahead trying the new suggested settings.

Having done this I've not had any luck what so ever. I've even tried other options outside the suggestions and I'm still having no joy.

Hoping now that you can help me resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Paul

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi Paul, could you add the 2 affected mailboxes to your community profile in private notes and I'll check them for you.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.