cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Not receiving emails from certain sender

Rumdrinkingpirate
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

One of my close contacts is getting a content rejected TT992 error. Still getting emails from other senders with no issues. The impacted email is not having any issues sending to other email addresses just mine. Tried sending multiple messages but all failed despite going to different servers. 

IMG_0085.png
2 REPLIES 2

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 3

Just to add that other members have reported the same issue of a TT992 spam protection rejection of Hotmail due to lack of SPF authentication that TalkTalk requires.

Your contact should seek advice from Microsoft for this authentication issue. Or as a temporary workaround use a different email address for sending to TalkTalk addresses.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

First thing to note about the email header accompanying the original message is that Authenticated Received Chain (ARC) headers have been added. This feature is employed by mail services that use ARC to prove the original message is genuine even when being forwarded by intermediate mail services that reauthenticate the message with ARC for the benefit of a recipient mail service also using ARC.

TalkTalk does not use ARC. The TalkTalk authentication checks rely on the originating service SPF file, DKIM signing and a DMARC handling policy.

The email header appears to report that there's no SPF authentication, no DKIM signing and no DMARC policy. So, if the TalkTalk Mail servers record the same results then that would account for the TT992 rejection on the basis that the mail is considered as in the same category as unauthenticated spam.

I'd normally assume that hotmail would originate fully authenticated mail and use SPF authentication, DKIM signing and a DMARC policy because that's what they require for incoming mail to be accepted.

So this leads me to ask for more details on how the message is being sent. Is there some service carrying out mail forwarding?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution