cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Reactivate my email accounts please

the_bodger
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

After much searching I identified the issue was due to my pipex account being 'linked' to a hotmail account I have which was using non-encrypted protocols. I've 'unlinked' this account so hopefully nothing is using unsecure protocols now.

This problem was compounded as all my email accounts use aliases and were set up 10+ years ago and there seems to be no way now to see within the TalkTalk world which alias is assigned to which account

Tim the Bodger
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

HI Tim, your mailboxes should all be fully functional again now. Please let me know if you need more help.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 5

Hi

So it's Monday morning and I still cannot access my emails. This is over a week now and I'm becoming increasingly frustrated. I only stay with Talktalk due to the longevitiy and hassle of changing to a new email provider. This lack of available service is leading to me considering just biting the bullet and moving.

Please can I have me email accounts unlocked ASAP please.

Regards

Tim

Tim the Bodger

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi the_bodger, I've added your mailbox to those to be restored to normal function. Please allow 48 hours for the change to complete.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Hi the_bodger 

I take it that your pipex email was being collected into an Outlook.com Inbox. Seems a few people have been caught out by insecure settings for this mail collection service so it's good that you've discontinued the service.

The master address will usually be of the form abc1234@dsl.pipex.com or similar.

In TalkTalk Mail webmail the mailbox will be assigned to the master pipex email address. Mail for the master address and all linked aliases will be directed to the master mailbox. So, you can check by sending a unique email to each pipex address and seeing which mailbox it ends up in.

I've assumed you're reporting that secure mail settings are in place for all other methods of mail collection and you have no outdated software like Windows Live Mail or Outlook 2010? On that basis I've requested that full access is restored for the email address mailbox(es) in your Community profile, Personal information, Private notes.

TalkTalk Support will respond here and access returned within a couple of days after that. Until then use TalkTalk Mail webmail via an up to date Internet browser to keep in touch with email contacts.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution