cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Tiscali emails no longer accessible via MS Outlook

eileencollins
Chatterbox
Private Message
Private Message

Message 7 of 7

Hi Ady, I am helping my elderly mother in law who has exactly the same issue as the previous poster with her tiscali.co.uk email address. Can you help please? In short, she received an email refering to insecure access to her email address but this means nothing to her. As far as I know she only uses Outlook (recent version) and a Google phone to access her account. Any help appreciated. What details do you need to help please? Many thanks.

EC
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi eileencollins, I've added your mailbox to those to be restored to normal function. Please allow 48 hours for the change to complete.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 7

Outlook for mobile is secure by default so if she is using the Outlook email app for mobile devices then that's not expected to be the culprit.

It's Outlook on the PC. Can you just ask her or her friend to look for the Help tab at the top of the Outlook screen and select About as that will say what the version of Outlook is and we can tell you straight away if it's compatible with TalkTalk requirements for secure mail or if there may be issues.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 7

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I have now updated the profile with her full name and put the relevant tiscali.co.uk email address in the private section as suggested. I will have to get hold of her phone and ipad to let you know the version of Outlook etc. Please bear with me a few days as I will have to visit her to get the info requested. Many thanks.

EC
0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Thank you for asking.

Well, I haven't seen from you any details of the devices, operating systems, email software version numbers etc to be able to tell whether the proposed software is compatible with TalkTalk Mail secure encryption using TLS 1.2 protocol. Let alone whether the setups are correct. The offer was there to check for you.

And you haven't updated your Community profile so when TalkTalk Support do pick up this topic next week (there's no regular support from TalkTalk staff at weekends) they'll not know who you are, who the registered user of the email is and what the email addresses are.

The information will help us to help you to help your mother in law.

eileencollins
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi, many thanks for your reply. I have now been able to go through the various email apps on Android phone and Ipad and delete the tiscali email account from all of them. I will set them up using the secure settings suggested to access the mailbox when access is restored. Going forward, my mother in law will be using the Outlook app (on Windows PC, Ipad and Android phone) to access her tiscali account. Do you have everything you need to start to restore access please? Many thanks.

EC
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

What follows refers to your mother in law's email setup. i.e. you/your = she/her.

If you saw the message from TalkTalk advising "Our records show that you are still accessing your email using unencrypted email settings, because of this you will no longer be able to receive or send emails via this email app or software" then the email address receiving that notification has been limited to webmail only access as a last resort action by TalkTalk to stop the use of insecure email.

TalkTalk Mail webmail is secure by design using an up to date Internet browser.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address and password, select Sign in.

You will be able to get email access restored to email apps or software including mail collection services so long as you're ready to use up to date and secure email settings for all the ways you view emails. We can advise on device and software compatibility and provide customer setup guides. Just let us know each mail collection service, each device, its operating system and email software including version that are in current use.

What version of Outlook is it? e.g. Outlook 365 or earlier? And the Google phone is that using the Gmail email app? I assume both are set up for IMAP email accounts?

For a definitive check of settings take screenshots of the incoming and outgoing server settings, image edit to obscure the first part of the email address and upload here using the Camera icon (desktop browser) or Picture icon (mobile browser) above this reply area.

When you confirm the secure settings are ready I can request TalkTalk Support to restore full access. TalkTalk Support will respond here and access will be restored usually within a couple of working days.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Email account holder name

Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address(es)
and TalkTalk or MailPlus customer account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help
Using TalkTalk Mail

Email settings and device setup guides for TalkTalk Mail

About TalkTalk Mail Plus