cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

talktalk.net emails

PeterB85
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

For the last month or so emails being sent to me from two sources using batch distribution have not arrived. Both of these are from safe sources

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi PeterB85, I've run the 7 day check against your email address. We're not showing any blocks in the last 7 days on specific email domains.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Having looked at the two domains, I can see that both do have SPF files to authenticate mail sending from permitted servers and neither are on any of the usual blacklists currently. Essentially, nothing to indicate why mail wouldn't be delivered.

I'll ask TalkTalk to check back over the last week to see if either of those domains got mail delivered or got blocked.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

PeterB85
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 7

There are no rules. The two domains are prcdtr.org.uk and qemailserver.com 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

You've checked that you have no filter rules defined that might be diverting mail from your Inbox?

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address, select Continue and enter the password, select Sign in.

• Select the settings cog icon top right (desktop browser)
  • Select the All settings menu item
  • Select Mail in the left pane of the modal that opens
  • Scroll down to Rules
    If the are no rules defined that's OK as it means nothing is affecting mail arriving in your online Inbox
    Otherwise select the X icon on the right of each row to Delete any unexpected rules that are present
    Confirm deletion

Let us know if you've deleted any Rules.

If you have previous mail messages from the originators then, if their sending service hasn't changed:

• Select a message
  • Select View source from the More actions triple dots menu above the Email detail view
  • The email header modal will open
    Look at the line at or near the top that starts Return-path:
    Tell us what the email domain is - just the part after the @ symbol that's enclosed within the <> chevron brackets

I'll check that out whilst the originators are checking with their respective mail sending service(s).

PeterB85
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

I have checked they have correct address and I have until recently received them weekly or monthly for a number of years. one is a church mailing and the other an academic research project. They are looking at their sendrers but said I would contact Talktalk..

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

How do you know for sure that messages are being sent to your email address? By far the top reason for expected mail not arriving is a recipient email address being on the mail sending service suppression list.

Which bulk mail senders are we looking at here?