cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Broadband is down

opensmart
First Timer
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

My broadband is down due to a fibre optic problem, and I am waiting for Openreach to come and fix it. But I need to connect my router to my mobile network because I have medical issues and I need internet for monitoring some healthy data every 2-3 hours. Any idea how that can be done?
I appreciate your time for helping me today.

I wish you a wonderful day ahead! 
Warmest regards,
Michael
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Morning,

The incident/outage now appears to be closed. Is your connection now ok?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hello,

The team have advised that Openreach are still working to resolve this and have provided an estimated completion date of 19/05. We'll continue to monitor for updates on this.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that. I can see that there is currently an outage so I've asked the team now if they can provide an update. I will post back as soon as I receive an update.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi Michelle,

The problem remains, and the internet line is going ON and OFF. 

And my issue with my medical data is getting worse. If you can help me more, I appreciate it.

I wish you a wonderful day ahead! 
0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. How are you getting on, are you still in contact with our faults team or do you need assistance with this?

Thanks

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 9

In a commercial environment, if the customer is prepared to pay for it, they can have all sorts of backup options that will kick in automatically.

In the residential market, if using the ISP's standard router, just like whichever TalkTalk one you have, the options are much more limited. The TT WiFi Hubs can only be connected to the internet via a broadband phone line or broadband full fibre via the red EWan port on the back. If this is not suitable, you might be able to get a third-party router that offers more flexibility in this area.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 7 of 9

Thank you, Keith French, for your time. My problem is more complicated. This is why I need the router to be online. Cable and wifi need to be connected. But anyway, the engineers and the support team of TalkTalk have solved the issue in less than 24 hours. If someone has the same problems, I suggest having a second line in-house from other sources, like a 5G wifi connection. That is my next step. 🙏 Keith French and TalkTalk support team and Openreach engineers. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

The only connection on the internet side of the router is via your fibre. It might be possible though to tether this medical equipment (if WiFi connected) to your mobile.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?