cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Self supplied Eeero router not working

malik11000
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Just got a new fiber line put in, but I stuck with my old 70MB download package. I did get a new toy, though—an Eero router from Amazon.

Now I've got a problem. After hours of scratching my head and surfing the web, I figured out the router isn't getting an IP from the ONT box.

Anyone got any ideas on how to fix this? The phone support has no idea what I am on about.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

EdHaddon
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi the ONT box is purely the fiber termination modem and as such will not supply an IP address to your Eero router.

Your Eero router is the DHCP source of I.P. addresses for the devices attached wirelessly or wired to it.

This is how it has always been with separate modems and routers or even modem built-in routers.

The question you need to ask is what Internet settings should my Eero router be set to, to connect with the TalkTalk servers over the network link (fiber or otherwise).

I cannot tell you what those settings should be as I do not have an Eero router, but at least you will have asked for a more specific answer.

I can tell you that my router uses for its Internet connection settings, a WAN addressing type of DHCP with a Public I.P. Address of 88.109.xx.xx Subnet Mask of 255.255.224.0 and Gateway of 88.109.32.1 when connected to my modem.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Morning,

Can I just confirm, does the connection work ok if you remove the eero and connect directly at the ONT box? Was this installed by Openreach or CityFibre? Did you purchase the eero yourself from amazon or did you receive this from us?

Thanks

0 Likes