cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Connection to work shared drives on laptop

Stephen1986
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 17 of 17

Since getting talktalk, or more to the point, the eero routers, I can or connect to my work based shared drives. What I can do is connect my router to my phone via ethernet, a docking station, and usb c to the phone, and then use my mobile as a hot-spot, and the drives work. Can someone please tell me what settings are preventing the WiFi from the router itself from allowing access to my drives. I have seen similar posts, and nothing from those worked. The only exception, which I haven't tried, is a replacement router. 

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi

The wifi hub is suitable for a FTTP connection, and However this is not WiFi 6, but full speeds can be achieved.

Do you want me to send this ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

What is the speed limit of the WiFi hub? It may be the only option. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

I have, from all that I can find, disabled anything and everything related to protection. All I get to is as long as something else provides the WiFi aspect of the connection, it works. I may need to look at the WiFi hub then. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Hi

We can swap out the Eero for the WiFi Hub if you want to give that a try.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Have you disabled all of the protection services on your account and on the Eero. You also don't have to use the supplied router, TT may replace with a HUB2 if you are having these issues but you can also buy your own. 

Also connecting via Wifi or ethernet should not make any difference assuming they are using the same IP network.

0 Likes

Stephen1986
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 17

A few people in my work have the same issue with the same, what appears to be, more legacy equipment/older servers. It has to be something to do with modern protection/settings on newer routers. I can connect an old borrowed slow router via ethernet to the eero router, and just let it pass through, and it works. Again using my mobile phone on hot-spot via usb c to ethernet to the router works, just not the WiFi from the router itself, and my old talk talk package before getting the eero routers worked. And yes, IT were not helpful in work. Would rolling back firmware on the eero help/is it possible? 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

If some connect and others do not I can’t see how this is a TalkTalk issue and maybe coincidence that this has occurred. Doesn’t sound like your IT department are being much help but not sure the help required is here. Don’t think there are any special settings required on your local router as it’s certificate based authentication and IP-HTTPS IPSec and IPV6 I believe. All part of Windows.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

The shared drives are located at my workplace. It's odd that a couple of the shared drives work but others don't. When I asked IT in work they said some are possibly configured differently, but couldn't help with my issue, as it resides in the router settings it seems. I access them through the workplace direct access. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

I connect my laptop at home through the work's direct access, to access the drives at my workplace. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Hi

are the shared drives on your own internal network?

Karl

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

mrwrighty
Enlightened One
Private Message
Message 11 of 17

Are you saying that your work computer shares are in a remote site and you used \\<public ip of remote location>\network share. You say you are not using a VPN so can you explain how you connect.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Hi, I had high hopes for this as it was on. Turned it off and still stuck. 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Also the message I get is 'an error occurred while reconnecting DRIVE LETTER to DRIVE LOCATION. The network path was not found. The connection has not been restored.' 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Hi, I don't use a VPN. Every protection setting seems to have been turned off, not sure what else I can do / what would be blocking these drives. 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 17

Hi stephen1986,

Do you use a VPN? If so, which VPN client do you use?

Chris

0 Likes

mrwrighty
Enlightened One
Private Message
Message 16 of 17

Do you have Scam protection enabled on your account. I think this really screws around with VPN and remote access stuff. Make sure its turned off on your account.

0 Likes