cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Has the Cease Order dated 30/11/2023 been cancelled?

Catwoman1
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

I require absolute confirmation that the Cease Order for 30/11/2023 was cancelled alongside the migration to Full Fibre order. (Have attached screenshot of text.)

Screenshot_20231022_140826_Messages.jpg

The staff here, who are usually fantastic, have failed to reassure me adequately, sadly. Loyalty via telephone, too failed.

I cancelled a proposed forced migration to Full Fibre due to happen on 19th October, the day I received the email and sent "cancel" in reply to Openreach's text, two days later. So, the upgrade did not take place.

However, I notice on My Account website, TalkTalk seem to think I have a fresh connection and are "optimising" it... Which makes me fear the Cease Order has not been cancelled. And TalkTalk systems now think I am on Full Fibre.

I do not want to wake up on the 30/11 (or there abouts) and discover my Fibre 35 package has been cancelled, and lose my connection, permanently. Which has been documented to happen to other unfortunate customers after cancelling or deferrring their migration.

So, please, can a member of staff check to see there is no Cease Order still in place with provisioning etc? I can see staff member Chris is aware Cease Orders are not being cancelled when customers cancel the forced install. With the catastrophic consequence of connections being ceased and a new accounts/orders having to be raised, which equals over 14 days without connection.

On the whole a happy TalkTalk customer for 10 years. These past few weeks, definitely *not happy* living with the fear of losing my connection for an extended period of time. 

Edited to add: Just to make it clear... When cancelling or deferring a Full Fibre migration. There are two parts which need cancelling on TalkTalk's end. First, the install job (which has been done). But also, the future Cease Order needs to be cancelled. Which in far too many cases is not being actioned.

Staff simply checking that the install was cancelled and my account is active, will not suffice here.

Kind Regards.

8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Thank you, Karl. Your swift reply, explanation and reassurance is much appreciated. 🙂

Will now *try* not to worry... 

Yes, I know, I'm currently delaying the inevitable... Late 2024 I'll bite the bullet as to avoid the inevitable last minute rush and the possibility of not being connected on time to beat the December 2025 (ish) copper switch off. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi Catwoman1

The upgrade order was cancelled correctly as Arne advised, and your current connection will continue as normal.  There will however come a day when you will need to upgrade as Openreach are removing all copper line connections, and I think the estimated timescale for this is about 2025, but I can't say when this will be done in your area.

With regard to the message in My Account, this is nothing to worry about, and would be caused because when the upgrade was initially open, it created an entry in our network database.

I can see that an full fibre asset was linked to your account in our network system, but when looking at that here, it does show that no line asset exists - ie. the cancellation went ahead and no service went live, so your current service continues.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 9

I am so sorry to hear about that.  😕

We all dread the loss of Internet for various reasons and you are quite right to be concerned and seek assurance. I hope the team can give you that in the coming days. 

Message 5 of 9

You've personally been infinitely helpful over the years, here. Thus, your input is appreciated, @ferguson :)))

A wee bit of background/context:

I was the victim of a serious crime, a few years back. Thereafter, installed a Ring camera system which allows me to live life with less fear. The thought of losing my internet connection for weeks, thus the safety of my Ring cameras has negatively preoccupied me. Losing sleep, triggering anxiety etc.

Hence, seeking reassurance. Since noticing other customers, who cancelled their migration, lost their copper fibre connection out of the blue after their Cease Order was not cancelled, at the same time as the install.

Then, on Friday the info on TalkTalk My Account indicating that the system thinks my connection is "new" and "optimising" is making me fear the worst...

Kind Regards.

Message 6 of 9

OK, no worries, my comments were more to alert the support team so that they didn't find themselves dealing with the two topics in isolation. 

Catwoman1
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Hi @ferguson 

I didn't know nor use the correct lingo, in the previous topic. Now, I have a better grasp of the process and lingo - decided to start a new topic/thread.

Suspected my inquiry and concerns may not have been clearly communicated by myself. Resulting in Arne and Michelle's replies not addressing my concern.

Hence, starting this new topic. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

@Catwoman1 

I am not sure why you have started a new topic rather than continuing on your existing thread here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Full-Fibre/Help-Seeking-to-cancel-my-Full-Fibre-Migration-Going-...

I don't want to add any further confusion, so I will leave the support team to manage this and respond as they see best.