cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

New Fibre 35 install but home phone not working

canlabmaster
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

I have just (yesterday) gone live with a Fibre 35 upgrade. All good (I think) but my phone landline (now moved from BT to TalkTalk as part of the package) is not working.

The dial tone is there but when I key in any phone number I get a message saying the number is not recognised. And it seems all outside callers to my number get a ring tone but there is no answer. In other words I am not receiving any calls either. The home phone is connected to the wall socket as before.

Can anyone suggest what I should do?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi canlabmaster

Thanks for confirming your details.

I have arranged the engineer visit for 08/06 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi canlabmaster

Thanks for your reply.

Please can send me a Private Message with your landline number (that you should have) and also the number read back to you on the 17070 test.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Dialling 17070 I get a number read back which is completely different from my old home number. I had requested my old number to stay and I was told it would - and that is the number that appears on my welcome papers from TalkTalk.

0 Likes

canlabmaster
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 7

Dialling 17070 I get a number read back which is completely different from my old home number. I had requested my old number to stay and I was told it would - and that is the number that appears on my welcome papers from TalkTalk.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi

Are you able to dial 17070 as advised ?

Tests on the line are clear at the moment.  Did you port your number from BT or take a new number ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Did you specifically ask to keep the same phone number, @canlabmaster?

Check by phoning 17070. Is the correct number read back?

Or anything at all?

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes